Obit: Kraut, Marie #3 (1855 - 1945)
Surnames: Kraut, Klingberger, Thompson, Bulgrin, Jakel, Koerner, Klessig, Peissig, Peterson, Fahrenbach, Hoff, Smith, Hennlich, Zuelke, Law, Sorenson, Vorland, Horn, Karsten, Moeller
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 06/28/1945
Kraut, Marie (27 May 1855 - 20 June 1945)
Curtiss: The Rev. J. C. Klingberger of the Immanuel Evangelical and Reformed church, Greenwood, conducted funeral rites Saturday afternoon for Mrs. Marie Kraut, 90, who died of old age complications at 5:15 a.m. June 20th at her home in Curtiss. Internment took place in the Green Grove church cemetery.
During the service Mrs. Esther Thompson and Mrs. DuWayne Bulgrin sang two hymns. Miss Elaine Jakel was the accompanist.
Pall bearers were Ervin Koerner, Ray and Bill Klessig, Harry Peissig, Charles Jakel and Henry Peterson. Evelyn Fahrenbach, Kathryn Peterson, Myrtle Hoff, Loretta Smith, and Emily Ann Hennlich had charge of the flowers.
Mrs. Kraut was born in Austria May 27, 1855. In 1893 the family came to America, and settled on a farm in the town of Green Grove, near Curtiss, the Krauts later retiring and moving to the village. Her husband died in August, 1900.
Surviving are a daughter, Miss Bertha Kraut, at home; two sons, Arthur, at home and Leo of Yakima, Wash.; 14 grand children, and 12 great grand children. Two sons, Joseph and Frank, and a daughter, Mrs. Mary Klessig, preceded her in death.
Relatives and friends from out of town at the funeral were Mrs. William Zuelke and Mrs. Leo Kraut, Jr., of Madison; Mr. and Mrs. Art Law and Mr. and Mrs. Ned Law, Stratford; Mr. and Mrs. Carl Sorenson, Longwood; Mrs. Gorton Vorland, Colby; Mr. and Mrs. William Horn and Miss Martha Horn, Greenwood; Mrs. Bertha Karsten, Abbotsford; and Mrs. Herman Moeller and Mrs. Clara Kraut, Chicago.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs