BioM: Weaver, Betty #2 (1945)
Surnames: Weaver, Kadonsky, Brockman, Bogaard, Mayenberg, Seivwright, Makovec
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 11/01/1945
Weaver, Betty (Marriage - 27 Oct. 1945)
Miss Betty Weaver, daughter of Mrs. Mary Weaver, Owen, and W. F. Weaver, Scott Field, Ill., became the bride of Raymond F. Kadonsky, son of J. F. Kadonsky, Abbotsford, at a simple ceremony performed at the rectory of St. Bernard’s Catholic church, Abbotsford, by the Rev. Francis Brockman, Saturday afternoon, Oct. 27, at 4:00 p.m.
Attendants were Mr. and Mrs. Robert Bogaard, Abbotsford, Wis.
For the occasion the bride was attired in a turquoise blue street ensemble with brown accessories. A corsage of white baby mums and red rosebuds was pinned to her shoulder, and a single strand of pearls, the gift of the groom, completed her costume. Mrs. Bogaard wore an olive green ensemble with black accessories, and a corsage of pink rosebuds.
Following the ceremony covers were laid for 23 guests at dinner served at the Russell Weaver home. Bouquets of white baby mums, in keeping with the bride’s flowers, and a large white cake and white candles adorned the table.
Mrs. Kadonsky was graduated from the P. J. Jacobs High School, Stevens Point, with the class of 1940, and her husband from the Abbotsford High School. He was recently discharged from the Army after serving five years, 15 months of which were spent in Germany and France as a member of the 734th Field Artillery Battalion.
Guests from away were W. F. Weaver, Scott Field, Ill.; Mr. and Mrs. Charles Mayenberg, Stone Lake; Mrs. James Seivwright, Stevens Point; Mr. and Mrs. Robert Bogaard and John Kadonsky, Abbotsford; and Mr. and Mrs. Joe Makovec, Owen
Later in the evening the newlyweds left to spend a few days at King’s View on Long Lake.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs