BioM: Scheel, Dorothy L. (1945)
Surnames: Scheel, Schell, Ruskell, Olsen, Taff, Menn
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 11/15/1945
Scheel, Dorothy L. (Marriage - 10 Nov. 1945)
In a candlelight ceremony Saturday at 7:00 p.m. in the Evangelical church in Norwalk, Miss Dorothy L. Scheel, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Schell of Norwalk, was married to Harlan K. Ruskell, son of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Ruskell, of Jackson, Minn. The Rev. Clifford Olsen read the service before an altar decorated with baskets of white chrysanthemums, ferns, and candelabra with white tapers.
The bride’s gown of white satin and net was fashioned on princess lines. She carried a bouquet of roses and pompons. Mr. Schell gave his daughter in marriage.
Miss Doris Ruskell, the bridegroom’s sister, was the maid of honor. She wore a full skirted gown of dusty rose taffeta, with long gloves and a Juliet cap to match. She carried a colonial bouquet of autumn flowers. The bridesmaids, Miss Ruth Taff, of Madison, and Miss Marie Ann Menn, Norwalk, cousins of the bride, wore identical blue taffeta gowns with matching gloves. They carried colonial bouquets.
Warren Ruskell was his brother’s best man. Ushers were James Taff, of Madison, and Robert Menn of Norwalk.
A reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents for 150 relatives and friends.
For her honeymoon to northern Wisconsin the bride chose a black crepe gown with a sky blue wool bolero jacket and black accessories.
The bride is employed at the National Guardian Life Insurance Co. Her husband, a graduate of the Platteville State Teachers’ College, was a vocational agricultural instructor prior to entering the service, having taught in Abbotsford, Wis. At present, he is on terminal leave pending his honorable discharge from military services.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs