BioM: Lukowicz, Jane #3 (1950)
Surnames: Baumgart, Lukowicz, LaFond, Andrew, Chamberlain, Gierl, Graham, Hemmy
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 06/15/1950
Lukowicz, Jane #3 (13 JUN 1950)
Wearing a gown of heavy ivory slipper satin, Miss Jane Lukowicz became the bride of Duane Baumgart in a double ring ceremony at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Colby, Wisconsin on Tuesday morning at 9 o’clock. The Rev. N. B. Beschta officiated at the nuptial and celebrated the Mass which followed. The bride is the daughter of Mrs. Ida Lukowicz, Colby, and the groom’s parents are Mr. and Mrs. Fred Baumgart, Owen (Clark Co., Wis.).
The bride, who approached the altar on the arm of her older brother, John, carried a colonial bouquet of pink roses and lilies of the valley, with long white streamers. Her bridal gown was fashioned with fitted bodice accented with the tiny satin buttons down the front, a lace appliquéd yoke and Peter Pan collar and long sleeves, ending in points at the wrists. The full skirt had a band of appliquéd lace at the hipline and extended into a long train Juliet cap of woven strips of tulle accented with seed pearls, secured her fingertip veil of illusion.
The bride’s niece, Diana LaFond, West DePere, served as junior bridesmaid in a taffeta gown of blush pink, which was fashioned with fitted bodice, short sleeves and a wide scalloped collar outlining the low neckline. The bouffant skirt over a white net hoop skirt was caught at the hemline with clusters of pink roses and she wore a coronet of tulle and roses. Her colonial bouquet of roses was tied with wide blue streamers. She wore pink lace mitts.
Miss Evelyn Andrew, as maid of honor, and Mrs. Edward Chamberlain, Marshfield, as bridesmaid, wore identical gowns of light blue marquisette made with wide lace accenting the deep yoke and apron effect on the full skirts. They carried colonial bouquets of pink roses with wide pink streamers and fore picture hats of blue marquisette and lace, and half mitts of marquisette.
The groom was attended by Robert Hemmy and Edward Chamberlain. Ushers were Wilbur Gierl, the bride’s cousin, and Douglas Graham, Owen.
The bride’s mother was present in a brown redingote ensemble and the groom’s mother wore a cocoa brown suit. Both wore corsages of yellow carnations.
A wedding dinner for the immediate family was served at Hotel Robinson and a reception was held in the afternoon at St. Mary’s gymnasium, followed by a dance in the evening at Walter’s Pavilion.
The bride, a graduate of the Colby High School, is employed as telephone operator at the Commonwealth Telephone Co. The groom, a graduate of the Owen High School, served in the U. S. army during World War II, and is now attending the University Extension school at Wausau.
Following a honeymoon to northern Wisconsin, the young couple will reside in Colby, Wis.
Out of town guests were present from St. Paul, Chicago, Almena, West DePere, Wis. Rapids, Marshfield, Owen, Athens and Withee.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs