BioM: Wilhelmi, Myrtle Mae (1946)
Surnames: Wilhelmi, Fenske, Sprengler, Brandt, Neuman, Genrich, Ewig, Gueterberg, Schneider, Juneau, Baehr, Bremer, Firchow, Behnke, Kramer, Guenterberg, Kalen
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 05/09/1946
Wilhelmi, Myrtle Mae (Marriage - 4 May 1946)
On Saturday afternoon, May 4, at 3:00 o’clock, Myrtle Mae Wilhelmi, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Wilhelmi, became the bride of Edwin A. Fenske, in St. Peter’s Lutheran church at Dorchester, Wis.
To the music of Lohengrin’s Wedding March, the bride, on the arm of her father, met her bridegroom and marriage vows were then exchanged in a double ring ceremony read by the Rev. F. H. Sprengler, assisted by the Rev. J. Brandt.
The bride wore a gown of heavy white slipper satin, designed with a sweetheart neckline and long sleeves ending in points over the wrist. The bodice was trimmed with satin buttons down the back to the waist, the gathered skirt fell in voluminous folds and had a sweeping train. Her finger tip veil, with blusher, fell from a seed pearl head dress which her mother had worn at her wedding. A heart shaped locket and bracelet, a gift of the groom, and a shower bouquet of white lilies, tea roses and swan Sonia, completed her ensemble.
Attending her as maid of honor was Miss Dorothy Neuman, of Oconomowoc, cousin of the groom. She wore a pink frock, made with a satin bodice and full, sheer skirt.
The two bridesmaids, Miss Elayne Fenske, sister of the groom, and Miss Beverly Genrich, were dressed alike in pink sheer and lace frocks. They all carried old fashioned nosegays of carnations and sweet peas tied with maline, and they had flowers in their hair.
Miss Marlis Ann Fenske, sister of the groom, and Miss Judith Ann Ewig, cousin of the bride, of Decatur, Alabama, were flower girls. They wore pink satin frocks with white net overskirts with little pink bows. They carried miniature nosegays.
The bride presented each of her attendants with a gold cross and chain which they wore for the wedding.
Milton Gueterberg, Watertown, acted as best man and Norman Fenske, brother of the groom, and Martin Schneider, Medford, cousin of the groom, were ushers.
Jerry Ewig, cousin of the bride, of Decatur, Ill., carried the rings in a calla lily.
For the occasion of her daughter’s marriage, Mrs. Wilhelmi wore a green wool suit with black accessories and Mrs. Fenkse, the groom’s mother, wore a dubonnet crepe dress with black accessories. Their corsages were made alike of tea roses and sweet peas.
During the ceremony, Mrs. Walter Baehr sang "Because," and "The Lord’s Prayer." She was accompanied by Herbert Juneau, who also played the wedding marches.
Following the ceremony a reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents and a 6:00 o’clock dinner was served to 150 guests. Pink and white streamers decorated the home and a three tier wedding cake topped by a white dove holding two wedding rings centered the bridal table.
Mr. and Mrs. Fenske left on a trip to northern Wisconsin and will be at home after May 12 on Route 1, Abbotsford, Wis.
The bride is a graduate of the Abbotsford high school, class of 1943, and was employed for two years at the Boston Store in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The groom is employed as milk salesman at the Medo-Farms dairy. He received an honorable discharge from the service in March, having served three years in the China-Burma-India war theater.
Among the guests from away who attended the wedding were:
Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Bremer and Charlotte, Miss Elsie Bremer, Mr. and Mrs. Hugo Firchow, Mr. and Mrs. Peter Behnke, Mr. and Mrs. John Kalen, Mrs. Norma Kramer and Earl, of Milwaukee; Mrs. Emi Neuman and daughters, Dorothy and Marion, and son, Ronald, Oconomowoc; Milton Guenterberg, Watertown; Rev. and Mrs. John Brandt and daughter, Velma, and Mrs. and Mrs. Clarence Fenske, Marshfield; Mr. and Mrs. Fred Wilhelmi and family, Florence; Dr. and Mrs. Rudy Ewig and children, Judy and Jerry, Decatur, Alabama; Pvt. Norman Fenske, Chazute Field, Ill.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs