BioM: Stock, Lois
Surnames: Stock, Anderson, Tessmer, Hoffman, Berry, Tennis, Kriplean, Frome, Van Slett, Brown
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 04/17/1947
Stock, Lois (Marriage - 10 Apr. 1947)
After April 21, Mr. and Mrs. Ray V. Anderson will be at home to friends in Wausau at 617 Jefferson street. They are now on a wedding trip to Niagara Falls and Washington, D.C. Their marriage took place Thursday afternoon, April 10, at Zion Evangelical Lutheran church, Colby, Wis.
The bride, who is the fomer Miss Lois Stock, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Edward Stock, Abbotsford, has been employed in the supervisor of assessments office at Wausau. The bridegroom, Clarence Anderson, Colby, is an employee of the Marathon Bait company, Wausau.
The altar, decorated with two large bouquets of spring flowers and candelabra, provided a pretty setting for the double ring ceremony which was performed by the Rev. Otto Hoffman. Miss Margaret Tessmer, Colby, presided at the organ and played the accompaniment for Miss Lenore Berry, Wausau, who sang "God Made You Mine" and "I’ll Walk Beside You."
Attendants for the couple included the bridegroom’s sister, Miss Nora Anderson, Wausau, as maid of honor; Miss Joanne Tennis, Unity, cousin of the bride, and Miss Rita Kriplean, of Colby, bridesmaids; Milford Frome, cousin of the bride, as best man; and Joseph Van Slett, Manitowoc, and Charles Brown, Colby, as ushers.
The bride’s gown of white silk marquisette, with lace inserts, was styled with gathered bodice with sweetheart neckline and full, puffed sleeves. The full, sweeping skirt, ornamented with lace inserts, swept into a train. To complete her attire she wore white lace mitts and a finger tip veil, edged with lace, caught to a Juliet cap of orange blossoms. For jewelry she wore the necklace which her mother had received on her wedding day 30 years ago. Her huge bouquet of calla lilies was tied with white lace ribbon.
Pale yellow marquisette fashioned the gown of the maid of honor, which was styled in off-shoulder effect with puffed sleeves edged with a soft ruffled skirt. Identically styled gowns in pale aqua were worn by the bridesmaids. All three wore white lace mitts and open crowned net hats the color of their gowns, trimmed in velvet ribbon. Soft pastel flowers fashioned their colonial bouquets. Their gifts from the bride were earrings of rhinestones and pearls.
Mothers of the bride and groom were attired in navy ensembles, with matching accessories, and wore corsages of shaded pink roses.
A 6:00 o’clock dinner was served at the Hotel Charles in Marshfield. The table, which carried out a color scheme of yellow, aqua and white, with its appointments of candles and low bouquets, had places set for 22 guests. In the evening a dance was given in honor of the couple at Walter’s Pavilion at Colby, Wis.
When the couple departed on the trip the bride was attired in a black wool suit, complemented with pink accessories.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs