BioM: Valk, Beatrice (1952)
Surnames: Valk, Haas, Budzinski, Sopiarz, Fischer, Truse, Lampman
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 10/23/1952
Valk, Beatrice (16 OCT 1952)
Miss Beatrice Valk, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Francis Valk, Stanley, Wis., became the bride of Leonard Haas, son of George Hass, Thorp (Clark Co.), Wis., in a double ring ceremony at 9:00 a.m. Thursday at St. Anne’s Catholic Church, Stanley, Wis., with Rev. Father Edmund Cramer officiating. The bride was given in marriage by her father.
For her bridal attire, the bride chose Chantilly lace over satin, fashioned with a fitted bodice and full skirt, from which descended a circular cut train. A crown decorated with seed pearls held her fingertip veil, and she carried a bouquet of red roses.
Miss Darlene Budzinski, Chicago, Ill., niece of the bridegroom, was maid of honor. Her heavenly sunset strapless gown was net over taffeta, with a fitted bodice. The matching bolero jacket was styled with three-quarter length sleeves and pyramid collar. Her colonial bouquet of yellow chrysanthemums and rose buds.
Miss Lavonne Valk, Mrs. John Sopiarz, sisters of the bride, and Miss Renee Lampman were bridesmaids. They wore heavenly sunset gowns, fashioned identical to that of the maid of honor. They carried colonial bouquets of yellow chrysanthemums and rose buds.
John Sopiarz, James Fisher and Charles Truse were groomsmen, attired in navy blue suits.
The bride’s mother wore a black crepe dress, with a corsage of gardenias.
Ushers were Conrad Haas, Cadott, Wis., brother of the bridegroom, and Alvin Valk, Milwaukee, Wis., brother of the bride. Dinner was served at the auditorium for 75 relatives.
A 5:00 o’clock reception was held for friends and relatives at the City Auditorium, with about 300 guests present.
The couple left for the south on their honeymoon, and will make their home in Thorp when they return.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs