BioM: Bruss, Marcia Frances #2 (1951)
Surnames: Bruss, Denk, Kohlnhofer
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) (10 Jan 1952)
Bruss, Marcia Frances #2 (27 DEC 1951)
Miss Marcia Frances Bruss, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. August Bruss, Spencer, became the bride of William E. Denk Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Denk Sr., Greenwood, during a ceremony performed at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 27, 1951, in the parsonage of St. John's Catholic Church, Marshfield. The Very Rev. Hugh J. Deeney officiated.
A ballerina length gown featuring a bodice and sleeves of lace and a skirt of satin with a net overskirt was worn by the bride. A shoulder length veil was attached to a crown of orange blossoms. This same crown had been worn by her grandmother on her wedding day. Lace gauntlets and satin shoes completed her ensemble, and she carried a bouquet of white mums and roses.
Mrs. Florence I. Bruss came from West Allis to be her sister's maid of honor, and Miss Dorothy Denk, Greenwood, sister of the groom, was bridesmaid.
Each wore a red taffeta ballerina length frock with a white net overskirt, white lace gauntlets, white satin shoe and red Dutch hats. They carried fan-shaped bouquets of white mums and red roses.
Victor Kohlnhofer, Minneapolis, served as best man, and Jack Denk, a brother of the groom, filled the role of groomsman.
The couple greeted guests at a reception at 3:30 p.m. at the bride's home, where a 5 o'clock supper was served to about 50 guests. In the evening a dance was held in the County Ballroom.
The bride is employed in the office of People's Gas Co., and the groom, who received his education in Greenwood, is employed by the Buchanan Laboratory. He is a veteran of World War II.
Guests at the wedding were from Alma Center, Milwaukee, Marshfield, Greenwood, Minneapolis, Loyal, and West Allis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs