BioM: Strade, Jeanette #2 (1948)
Surnames: Strade, Telford, Bornbach, Kademan, Baumgartner, Burzynski
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 06/24/1948
Strade, Jeanette (Marriage - 15 June 1948)
Miss Jeanette Strade, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Strade, Curtiss, became the bride of Alfred W. Telford, son of Mr. and Mrs. George Telford, Owen, June 15, at 11 o’clock in the morning at the rectory of the Holy Rosary Catholic church at Owen. The Rev. Raymond H. Bornbach officiated at the ceremony.
The couple was attended by Mr. and Mrs. Leonard Kademan, brother-in-law and sister of the bride; Miss Lucille Baumgartner, cousin of the bride, Miss Darlene Telford, cousin of the groom; Vernon Baumgartner and Edward Burzynski, of Lublin. niece of the bride in white ninon, carried a bouquet of carnations and sweet peas.
The bride wore a gown of white slipper satin in princess style with a sweetheart neckline, and lace inserts in the bodice and top of the long fitted sleeves. Her finger tip veil, edged in lace, was caught to a Hollander type head dress,and she carried a bouquet of lilies, carnations and sweet peas.
The matron of honor wore a gown of pink ninon with shirred bodice and full skirt and matching net bonnet. Miss Baumgartner was gowned in yellow ninon with fitted bodice, full skirt and peplum edged with lace and Miss Telford was in aqua taffeta and net. Both wore net bonnets and all three carried bouquets of carnations and sweet peas with a lily in the center.
Dinner was served to about 25 guests and supper to about 70, at the home of the bride’s parents. In the evening, a dance was held at Walter’s Pavilion at Colby, Wis.
The groom, a graduate of Abbotsford high school, in 1944, is employed by the Clark county highway department. The young couple will make their home in Owen.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs