BioM: Stewart, Mary Loris #2 (1949)
Contact: Stan Schwarze
Surnames: Stewart, Holmes, Humke, Kenyon, Van Kueren, Wilson, Epstein
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 08/11/1949
Stewart, Mary Loris (Marriage - 5 Aug. 1949)
Friends of Miss Mary Loris Stewart, who taught the second grade at Abbotsford last year, will be interested to know of her marriage, Friday evening, Aug. 5.
Miss Mary Loris Stewart and her sister, Miss Joyce Elaine Stewart chose to have an all white, double wedding at a candle light service, held at 7:30 in Grace Methodist church, at Greenwood. The Rev. Lee Holmes officiated at the double ring ceremony.
The brides wore identical gowns of Chantilly lace fashioned with sweetheart necklines, outlined with beads. The gowns had long sleeves, fitted bodices and full skirts which ended in chapel trains. Clusters of pearlized orange blossoms held their imported silk illusion veils of finger tip length. They carried identical bouquets of tea roses, surrounded by stephanotis and tiny roses.
Miss Mary Loris Stewart was given in marriage by her father, Wilbur Stewart, to Everett Humke, son of Mr. and Mrs. Theodore Humke, Greenwood. Miss Joyce Elaine, presented by her brother, Kenyon, exchanged vows with Robert Van Kueren, son of Mr. and Mrs. A. Van Kueren, New Richmond.
Mrs. Arthur Wilson, Owen, was organist for the wedding.
After a honeymoon trip to northern Wisconsin, Michigan, and Canada, the couples will reside in Greenwood.
Mrs. Humke will teach first and second grades in the Greenwood public schools, and Mr. Humke will return to Central State Teachers’ College, where he will receive his bachelor of education degree in January.
Mr. Van Keuren is an instructor in vocational agriculture in the Greenwood high school. His bride, a graduate nurse, has been employed at the Marshfield Clinic by Dr. Stephen Epstein.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs