Irene #3 (1950)
Surnames: Langjahr, Edblom, Larson, Henke, Duellman
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 04/27/1950
Langjahr, Irene (Marriage - 22 Apr. 1950)
Miss Irene Langjahr became the bride of Alvin Edblom, in a ceremony performed at 2:30 p.m. Saturday in the Trinity Lutheran church, Unity, with the Rev. L. J. Larson officiating.
The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Alvin Langjahr, Unity, and the groom is the son of Arthur Edblom, also of Unity, Wis.
Gowned in a dress of white slipper satin featuring a nylon net yoke, long tight sleeves ending in points over the wrists, and a full skirt ending in a long train trimmed with Chantilly lace, the bride carried a bouquet of blush roses and lilies of the valley. Her long veil attached to a beaded tiara headdress completed her ensemble.
Miss Doris Langjahr, sister of the bride, served as maid of honor. She was attired in a sheer marquisette dress designed with short puffed sleeves, a fitted bodice, and gathered skirt. She carried a matching bouquet of carnations.
The bridesmaids, Eileen Edblom and Gail Edblom, sisters of the groom, and Lois Langjahr, sister of the bride, wore dresses of sheer marquisette of aqua, yellow, and orchid, respectively. They all carried bouquets.
Arthur Edblom, Jr., brother of the groom, served as best man.
Ray and Henry Henke, Vesper, uncles of the bride, and Arvin Langjahr, Jr., brother of the bride, served as groomsmen.
Ray and Henry Henke, also ushered for the ceremony.
The flower girl, Carol Edblom, Colby, niece of the groom, wore a white satin dress with a full skirt, shirred yoke, and short sleeves. Harold Langjahr, brother of the bride, served as ringbearer.
A supper was served to about 70 guests at the church parlors.
When the couple return from a honeymoon to southern Wisconsin, they will reside on the groom’s farm.
Until a short time before her marriage, the bride was employed at the Coffee Shop here.
Mr. and Mrs. Henry Duellman were among the out of town guests at the wedding.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs