BioM: Johnson, Iris #3 (1950)
Contact: Stan

Surnames: Johnson, Schiszik, Odland, Schaus, Klemetson, Borgemoen

----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 06/29/1950

Johnson, Iris (Marriage - 24 June 1950)

Miss Iris Johnson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Johnson, Curtiss, became the bride of Earl Schiszik, son of Mrs. Ida Schiszik, Curtiss, Saturday afternoon, June 24. The double ring ceremony was read at 3:00 o’clock in the Evangelical Lutheran Church with the Rev. O. K. Odland officiating.

The bride, given in marriage by her father, wore a gown of embroidered eyelet organdy over satin. Her fingertip veil of illusion silk fell from a beaded headdress. She carried a bouquet of red and white roses.

Attending the couple were Mr. and Mrs. Glen Schaus, brother-in-law and sister of the bride, and Miss Doris Klemetson and Victor Borgemoen, both cousins of the groom.

Mrs. Schaus, the matron of honor, wore a frock of white embroidered eyelet over pink taffeta and Miss Klemetson wore a similar frock over blue taffeta. They wore short matching veils with flowers and carried bouquets of gladioli to match their dresses.

Following the ceremony a reception, attended by 150 guests, was held at the parish hall.

Mr. and Mrs. Schiszik left on a week’s wedding trip to Chicago. On their return they will reside with the groom’s mother on a farm which he operates.

The bride, who is a graduate of the Abbotsford High School, and a former telephone operator at the local exchange, is at present employed at the Curtiss post office.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE