BioM: Neuhaus, Helen Elizabeth #2 (1952)
Contact: History Buffs
Surnames: Neuhaus, Ulrich, Puhlmann, Koehler,
Just, Henschel, Weber
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark
County, Wis.) 06/19/1952
Neuhaus, Helen Elizabeth (Marriage - 10 June
Miss Helen Elizabeth Neuhaus, daughter of Mr. and
Mrs. Albert Neuhaus, Elkhart Lake, and Reinhard Ulrich, Colby, son
of the Rev. and Mrs. Karl Ulrich, Treysa, Germany, repeated
marriage vows during a nuptial service performed by the Rev. F. P.
Puhlmann, assisted by Rev. W. Koehler, at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday in the
Bethel Evangelical and Reformed church, Elkhart Lake.
The bride approached the altar attired in a white
tulle-over-taffeta gown with fitted lace bodice. Her ensemble was
completed with a finger tip veil attached to a coronet of pearls.
She carried a corsage of pastel-colored carnations and white roses
on a white Bible.
Miss Lois Mae Just, Chilton, wearing a light blue
tulle-over-taffeta ballerina-length dress with lace bodice, served
as maid of honor. Miss Mae Henschel, Kiel, bridesmaid, wore a dress
of the same color and identically styled to the maid of
honor’s. The junior bridesmaid, Miss Marie Neuhaus, sister of
the bride, wore a blue taffeta formal with scalloped yoke edged
with lace. Yellow, pink and blue flowers formed the bouquets of the
The groom’s attendants were Lloyd Weber,
Batesville, Ind., serving as best man and Harold Neuhaus, Elkhart
Lake, brother of the bride, filling the role of
Carrying a basket of sweet peas and attired in a
yellow taffeta frock similar to the junior bridesmaid’s,
Arlene Neuhaus served as flower girl.
Brothers of the bride, Arno, Roland, Elmer, and
A supper for 100 guests was held at the church
Mrs. Neuhaus attended her daughter’s
wedding in an aqua crepe afternoon dress with white accessories.
Mrs. Puhlmann, foster mother of the groom, wore a powder blue gown
with a bolero jacket. Corsages of yellow, pink and blue carnations
accented the ensembles of the mothers.
The bride attended Mission House College at
Plymouth. The groom, who is a protégé of the Rev. and
Mrs. Puhlmann, pastor of the First Evangelical and Reformed church,
Colby, is a senior at Mission House Seminary, Plymouth. The Rev.
Puhlmann has sponsored his education and in the United States the
past three and one-half years.
During the remainder of the summer, the groom will be supply pastor at St. Paul’s Evangelical and Reformed church at Ellsworth. After Sept. 1, the newlyweds will reside in Sheboygan.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs