Treankler, Virginia #2 (1952)
Contact: History Buffs
Treankler, Stange, Schulz
Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.)
Virginia (Marriage - 29 Dec. 1952)
Dec. 29, Miss Virginia Treankler, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Floyd
Treankler, of Abbotsford, and Allen Stange, son of Mrs. Linda
Stange, of Loyal, exchanged marriage vows. The Rev. Raymond Schulz
officiated at the double ring ceremony at St. Bernard’s
rectory. At 2:00 o’clock.
A gown of
gleaming candle light satin with lace trim, was worn by the bride.
A tiny collar and lace trimmed yoke emphasized the fitted bodice
designed with long sleeves ending in points over the wrists. Tiers
of the same lace encircled the fully gathered skirt. A tiara of
seed pearls held her imported illusion veil, which was also lace
trimmed. She carried a bouquet of red and white roses.
Treankler was her sister’s maid of honor and Miss Jean Stange
of Loyal, of Loyal, sister of the groom, was the bridesmaid. Their
strapless gowns were made alike of net over taffeta, with taffeta
lined capes. Headpieces matched their gowns and their colonial
bouquets of carnations were in contrast to their gowns. Blue was
the color of the maid of honor’s frock and pink that of the
the groom as best man was his brother, Cpl. Harold Stange, home on
leave from Korea. Dwight Treankler, brother of the bride, was
occasion, the bride’s mother wore a blue dress with black
accessories and the groom’s mother had a grey and black
ensemble. Both had corsages of white carnations with silver trim.
was held at the home of the bride’s parents and supper for
about 100 guests was served at the armory club rooms. Guests were
here from Loyal, Wausau, Withee, Neillsville, Milwaukee, New York
City, Chicago, Abbotsford, Colby, Spencer, Dorchester and
In the evening a wedding dance was held at the Dorchester Memorial hall.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs