BioM: Owens, Eileen (1952)
Surnames: Olson, Owens, Radley, Senger, Bruchert, Nicholson
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 10/02/1952
Owens, Eileen (20 SEP 1952)
George Olson, son of Mr. and Mrs. Harry Olson, Bloomer, claimed Eileen Owens, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Pierce Owens, Withee (Clark Co., Wis.), as his bride Saturday, Sept. 20, 1952, in St. John’s Lutheran Church, Withee.
The double ring ceremony was read at 8 p.m. by Rev. Walter Schedler.
Given in marriage by her father, the bride wore a gown of nylon net over white satin entrain. White embroidery edged with pleated nylon tulle detailed the gown’s bodice, and a pleated front panel detailed the skirt. Her veil was held in place by a tiara trimmed with flowers. She carried a bouquet of white roses, chrysanthemums and lilies of the valley.
Autumn beige taffeta and nylon net fashioned the gown of the maid of honor, Evelyn Olson, Bloomer, sister of the bridegroom. Serving as her cousin’s bridesmaid, was Dorothy Radley, Marshfield, who wore a gown of light green taffeta and nylon net. Both aides carried bouquets of yellow and bronze chrysanthemums.
The bridegroom’s niece, Nancy Olson, Bloomer, acting as flower girl, wore a gown of yellow taffeta and nylon net. Pink roses, yellow and white chrysanthemums and lilies of the valley formed her bouquet.
Pierce Owens, Jr., Withee, brother of the bride, attended the bridegroom as best man. The groomsman was Carl Senger, Milwaukee, cousin of the bride. Ushers were Leon Bruchert and Lawrence Nicholson, Withee.
Guests were received in the church parlors following the ceremony. The bride’s mother wore an aqua dress with a corsage of white roses and chrysanthemums. A dark green suit dress was worn by the bridegroom’s mother. Pink roses and chrysanthemums formed her corsage.
As the couple left for a wedding trip, the bride wore a gray wool suit with red accessories.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs