BioM: Ackerman, Janet #2 (1952)
Surnames: Ackerman, Stecker, Gayken, Doud, Gosse, Loos, Gilbertson
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 10/09/1952
Ackerman, Janet #2 (2 OCT 1952)
Miss Janet Ackerman, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Archie Ackerman, Curtiss (Clark Co., Wis.), and Floyd Stecker, son of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Stecker, Colby, were united in marriage at 2 p.m. Thursday in St. John’s Evangelical and Reformed Church, Colby, Wis. The officiating clergyman was the Rev. Franz P. Puhlmann.
The bride wore an entrained ice blue satin gown styled with a Chantilly lace yoke and a ruffle of white net. Her fingertip veil, edged in Chantilly lace, was caught to a bonnet of net and lace.
Mrs. Clifford Gayken, Curtiss, a sister of the bride, in a gold taffeta gown, with a lace yoke, served as matron of honor. She carried a bouquet of mixed mums.
Dusty rose and teal blue gowns and gauntlets, respectively, were worn by Gloria Doud, a niece of the groom as maid of honor, and Mrs. Victor Gosse, Curtiss, as bridesmaid.
Leo Stecker, Colby, a brother of the groom, was best man, and Sam Gosse and Victor Gosse, the latter a brother-in-law of the bride, were groomsmen.
Darrell Loos, Colby, and Roger Gilbertson, Taylor, a cousin of the bride, were ushers.
A dark grey suit was worn by the bride’s mother, and a black dress was selected by the mother of the groom. Both had black accessories and a corsage of pink and yellow carnations.
A reception was held after the ceremony at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Victor Gosse.
The bride is a graduate of the Owen High School, and the groom, a graduate of the Colby High School, attended the Stout Institute, Menomonie. He is now serving in the U.S. Air Force stationed at Long Island, N.Y.
Guests at the wedding were from Duluth, Minn., Superior, Taylor, Medford, Owen and Arpin.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs