BioM: Krahn Anita (1953)
Surnames: Krahn, Kiefer, Otto, Ircinak, Orth
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune
(Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 03/05/1953
Krahn, Anita (Marriage - 14 Feb.
Mr. and Mrs. Aaron Kiefer are now at home
on their farm at Colby, Route 1. Their marriage took place Feb. 14
at St. Matthews Catholic church, Milwaukee, in a double ring
The bride, the former Anita Krahn, is the
daughter of Arthur Krahn of Milwaukee, and the groom is the son of
Mr. and Mrs. John Kiefer, of Abbotsford.
Given in marriage by her father, the
bride approached the altar in a gown of lace, ballerina length. Her
fingertip veil was held in place by a white lace Juliet cap. She
carried a white bride’s prayer book with a cluster of white
Attending the couple were the
bride’s sister, Mrs. Edna Krahn, of Milwaukee, and brother,
Gilbert, of Menomonee Falls. The junior couple were Miss Betty Ann
Otto, 5, and Thomas Otto, 4, niece and nephew of the
The bridesmaid wore a ballerina length
lace frock of green with a matching lace Juliet cap. Betty Ann wore
a white organdy dress with lace Juliet cap. Both carried nosegay
bouquets, of pink roses and mixed flowers.
There was special singing during the
10:00 o’clock nuptial high mass, by the church choir of which
the bride was a member. At the offertory, Miss Ann Ircink sang
Schubert’s "Ave Maria."
Following the ceremony, breakfast for the
bridal party was served at the home and in the afternoon a
reception was held at the Underwood hotel from 2:00 to 5:00
o’clock. Mr. and Mrs. Kiefer left on a wedding trip to
Washington, D.C., and Richmond, Va.
Before her marriage, the bride was
employed as secretary at the Northwest Mutual Life Insurance
Mr. and Mrs. Kiefer plan to leave the
farm here in about a month and move to a farm near Fort
Those from here who attended the wedding were Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Kiefer and Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Orth.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs