BioM: Horner, Esther (1946)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Horner, Nelson
----Source: The Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark County, Wis.) 18 Apr 1946
Horner, Esther (08 APR 1946)
At 2 o’clock on Monday, Apr. 8, Miss Esther L. Horner, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Charles of the town of Beaver, was united in marriage with Lloyd nelson, son of Mr. and Mrs. Anton Nelson of Fairchild. St. Paul’s Lutheran church in North Green Grove was the scene of the wedding, and the Rev. M. C. Goetsch of Colby officiated. Misses Marilyn Sommer, Lucille Augustine and Dorine Laabs sang "O Perfect Love."
The bride, who entered the church with her brother, Rudolph, was attired in a white, slipper satin gown, styled with a net skirt and a tight fitting bodice. The bodice had an off-the-shoulder collar and ended in a peplum at the waist. Her fingertip veil was caught to a beaded Juliet cap, and she had a long train. She wore pearl earrings and necklace, and carried a bouquet of white carnations and Easter lilies.
Miss Violet Nelson, sister of the groom, as maid of honor, wore a pink satin formal, with a full net skirt. She wore a small crown of ruffled net in her hair, and for jewelry she had a pearl necklace. Her shoulder corsage consisted of roses. Miss Leatrice Seefluth of Loyal, as bridesmaid, also had a formal of pink. In her hair she wore a crown of flowers, to which a shoulder length veil was attached. She had a corsage of pink carnations, and she wore a gold necklace.
Evelyn and Vivian Miller, cousins of the bride were flower girls. Their gowns, styled alike, were of rayon mesh. Evelyn had yellow, while Vivian had pink. They had small veils and gold lockets. Each one had a colonial bouquet.
The groom was attended by Fred Horner, brother of the bride, as best man, and Kenneth Franke, groomsman. White carnations were worn by the young men.
After the ceremony, a reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents. White, blue and pink streamers decorated the home. Over the bride’s table hung a white wedding bell. A wedding cake, baked by Mrs. Ted Miller and centered with a miniature bride and groom, centered the table.
Later in the evening the couple left on a short trip. The bride is a graduate nurse of LeGault’s hospital in Owen. The groom was discharged from the army in February, after four years of service, one year of which was spent in the Pacific area. After the trip, the bride will resume her duties at the hospital. The groom is engaged in farming.
Guests from away were: Mr. and Mrs. Louis Primus, Mrs. Sherman Nelson and Misses Margaret and Claire Nelson, all of Fairchild, Mrs. David Pepin of Duluth, Minn., and Anna Tweed and Agnes Toshner of Winona, Minn.
Other guests at the reception were: Mr. and Mrs. John Miller, Mr. and Mrs. Walter Miller, Mr. and Mrs. Ed Knecht, Mr. and Mrs. Ted Miller, Mr. and Mrs. John Franke and family, Carl, Roland and Ardina Knecht, Mr. and Mrs. Otto Reineking, Mrs. Richard Witte Jr., Mr. and Mrs. Ernst Schultz, Mrs. Emma Seefluth and sons, Ralph and Royal, and the Rev. and Mrs. M. C. Goetsch.
To the newlyweds, The Loyal Tribune extends its wishes for happiness.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs