BioM: Bullitt, Anne (1953)
Surnames: Johnson, Bullitt, Rommel, Dearr, Anderson, Metzger, Berudg
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 08/06/1953
Bullitt, Anne (27 JUN 1953)
The Duncan Memorial Chapel at Louisville, Ky. was the setting for the ceremony of Miss Anne Kennedy Bullitt, daughter of Mrs. Hugh Bullitt and the late Hugh Bullitt of Louisville, to Mr. Norman Wallace, son of Mrs. Harold Johnson of Chippewa Falls and the late Mr. Harold Johnson.
The services were performed by Dr. Clark June 27, 1953 at 4:30 p.m. before an alter decorated with white flowers and candles.
The bride was escorted to the altar by an uncle.
Her gown was white rose point lace with a nylon pleated skirt with lace panel front and back with a long lace train and Juliet cap which held her short nylon tulle veil. She carried white roses.
Miss Charlotte Bullitt was her sister’s maid of honor and her bridesmaids were close friends, Mrs. Robert Rommel and Mrs. David Dearr. Their gowns were sea foam blue organdy and they carried yellow roses. They wore yellow Juliet caps made of yellow daisies.
The groom’s best man was Mr. John Anderson and ushers were Mr. Matt Metzger and Mr. Charles Berudg, close friends of the groom. The men wore white coats and black trousers with white carnation boutonnieres.
The bride’s mother wore a waltz length tan sheer with tan accessories and tan orchid corsage. The mother of the groom wore sheer aqua waltz length dress with white accessories and white orchid corsage.
A reception as given by Mrs. Hugh Bullitt at the Pendennis Club immediately following the ceremony.
The bride is a graduate of Kentucky Home School and is attending the University of Kentucky.
Mr. Johnson is a graduate of Owen High School (Owen, Clark Co., Wis.) and the University of Wisconsin College of Engineering and is a staff member at Battelle Memorial Institute at Columbus, Ohio, where they are making their home following a honeymoon in Ill. and Wisconsin.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs