BioM: Zelm, Florence (1954)
Surnames: Zelm, Mittelstedt
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 03/25/1954
Zelm, Florence (20 FEB 1954)
In the presence of immediate friends and families, Alvin Mittelstedt, Deerfield, repeated marriage vows with Mrs. Florence Zelm of Withee (Clark Co.), Wis. on Saturday, Feb. 20th, 1954. The double ring ceremony was performed by Rev. Walter Schedler at four o’clock in St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church. Baskets of pink carnations stood on eight side of the altar making a beautiful setting for the ceremony.
Attending the bride and groom were Mr. Mittelstedt’s brother and sister-in-law, Mr. and Mrs. Harold Mittelstedt of Milwaukee.
The bride appeared in a spring dress maker suit of aqua accented by navy blue and pink accessories. Her corsage was made up of baby pink rosebuds and lilies of the valley. As her attendant, Mrs. Mittelstedt wore a suit similar to the bride’s with an identical corsage.
Immediately following the ceremony a wedding dinner was served to thirty friends and relatives at the Woodland Hotel in Owen.
In the evening the new Mr. and Mrs. Mittelstedt entertained at open house in the Woodland Hotel where approximately 300 people attended.
The couple left on a three week trip to Florida, after which they returned to Withee where Mr. Mittelstedt will assist in the management of the Longwood Cheese Factory. For the past eight years Mr. Mittelstedt has been employed at the Deerfield Creamery Co.
Among those attending the wedding from out of town were Mr. and Mrs. Richard Bennets of Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Paul Gebhard of Lake Ripley; Mr. and Mrs. Hoard Kirchner and family, Mrs. Emily Kilmer of Chicago; Mr. and Mrs. Verner Frederick and family, and Howard Frederick, all of Wheaton, Ill.; Mr. and Mrs. Norman Frederick and family of Neenah, Wis., Mr. and Mrs. Robert Cooper of Marshfield.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs