BioM: Miller, Grace Ann #2 (1955)
Gutenberger, Hayden, Broeske, Brecke
Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 04/21/1955
Miller, Grace Ann
(Marriage - 13 Apr. 1955)
Mr. and Mrs. James John
Gutenberger have rented the upstairs apartment in the Kraschnewski
house on Second Street.
In a ceremony at St.
Louis Catholic church, Dorchester, April 13 at 9:30 a.m., Miss
Grace Ann Miller became the bride of James John Gutenberger. The
Msgr. Thomas J. Hayden officiated at the nuptials for the daughter
of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph V. Miller, Dorchester, and the son of Mr.
and Mrs. Elroy Gutenberger, Colby.
Attired in a gown with
buttoned back fitted bodice of lace over satin featuring
appliquéd collar and neckline, long, pointed sleeves, floor
length skirt of tulle over satin, highlighted by a fully gathered
half skirt of matching lace, the bride carried a cascade of red and
white carnations with white stephanotis. Her veil was of finger tip
length, held in place by a Juliet cap of lace edged in tiny seed
Miss Jean Miller,
Milwaukee, acted as her sister’s maid of honor, wearing a
strapless, pink gown with fitted bodice of Chantilly lace over
taffeta, topped with a matching cape. The skirt was of floor length
net over taffeta, fully gathered with two net ruffles throughout. A
half hat of net leaves sprinkled with tiny rhinestones and a
colonial bouquet of white and yellow carnations completed her
Miss Eldora Gutenberger,
Dorchester, sister of the groom, and Miss Dorothy Miller,
Milwaukee, sister of the bride, were bridesmaids, attired in blue
gowns styled identically to that of the maid of honor. Their
flowers were pink and white carnations.
Louis Miller, Milwaukee, brother of the bride, was best man, while Edwin Broeske, Dorchester, and Myron Brecke, Stetsonville, were groomsmen. William Bauer, Colby, and Jack Miller, Jr., of Dorchester, cousin of the bride, acted *** Note: The rest of the article was cut off and was not available at the time of transcription.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs