BioM: Friedrich, Arlene #2 (1955)
Lieders, Leschensky, Ross, Borchard, Reiche, Cendt, Rajek, Kage,
Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 10/06/1955
(Marriage - 24 Sept. 1955)
Mr. and Mrs. Orville
Lieders, Jr., are now at home to friends in St. Paul, following a
short honeymoon trip. Their marriage took place at Edgar in St.
Stephen’s Lutheran church on Sept. 24. The double ring
ceremony was performed at 1:00 o’clock with the Rev. H. F.
The bride, the former
Arlene Friedrich, is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Friedrich,
of Edgar, and the groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Orville Lieders,
Escorted down the
white-carpeted aisle by her father, the bride wore a gown of
imported, hand clipped rose point lace and nylon tulle over slipper
satin. The molded bodice of fine lace and a deep v at the front,
with a scalloped outline of lace inserted with a surplice fold of
tulle pleats. The entire bodice was encrusted with iridescent
sequins and pearls. Lace-covered buttons closed the back and the
The bouffant skirt had a
deep lace apron appliquéd to the tulle and trimmed with
sequins and pearls. Several dust ruffles of tulle extended to the
floor at the front, and in the back was a cascade of tulle ruffles
extending into the circular sweep train that was lined with
Her veil of French silk
illusion came to her finger tips from a princess crown of shirred
tulle inserted with medallions of Irish lace, also studded with the
jewels. She held a cascade bouquet of stephanotis and ivy
surrounding a large, white, purple-throated orchid.
Mrs. Herbert Friedrich,
Wausau, was the matron of honor and the bridesmaids were Misses
Delores Lieders, St. Paul, sister of the groom, and Arvilla Ross
and Jean Borchard, Edgar. The groom was attended by Mr. Friedrich
as best man, Ronald Reiche, Edgar, Malcolm Cendt, Colby and Arnold
Friedrich, brother of the bride.
Guests were seated in
pews marked off by white satin bows and bouquets of yellow flowers
by two ushers, Robert Rajek, Marathon, cousin of the bride, and
Martin Kage, Edgar.
Fall colors were chosen
for the gowns and flowers of the bridal attendants. Bronze, hunter
green, raspberry and gold crystallette and tulle over satin were
fashioned in strapless bodices, accented with pleated cuffs and
surplice folds of crystallette. The bouffant skirts were divided
with unpressed pleats extending from double joints at the waist
They wore wire shoulder
cap stoles and open crown halo hats of velvet in the colors of
their gowns. Stiff maline veiling covered the crowns. Their pearl
chokers and earrings were gifts of the bride.
They carried cascade
bouquets of yellow pompons centered with large mums that matched
their gowns and tied with matching ribbons.
The bride’s mother
was present in a gray faille dress with pink accessories and a
corsage of pink roses and white carnations, while the groom’s
mother wore a brown deacon dress with black accessories and a
corsage of yellow roses and white carnations.
Mr. and Mrs. William
Fahrenbach, Curtiss, grand parents of the groom, were also honored.
A corsage of pink roses and white carnations adorned the grand
Following the ceremony, a
reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents. The
4:30 supper was served to 200 guests in the church dining hall
where tables were decorated with white candles, wooden carts and a
cornucopia of fruit. In the evening, a wedding dance was held at
the Poplar Tree Ballroom.
Guests at the wedding
came from Milwaukee, Marathon, Wausau, Athens, Oshkosh, Abbotsford,
Curtiss, Stetsonville, Medford, Dorchester, Mishicott, St. Paul and
The bride is a graduate of the Edgar high school. The groom, since graduating from the Abbotsford high school, has been working with his father in the sand and gravel business. At present, he is employed at the American Can Company, at St. Paul.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs