BioM: Henrichs, Helen Marie (1954)
Surnames: Henrichs, Laack, Kelly, Loucks, Plautz, Lamont
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune
(Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 06/24/1954
Henrichs, Helen Marie (Marriage - 19 June
The Holy Redeemer church, Milwaukee,
provided the setting on Saturday morning, when Miss Helen Marie
Henrichs, Milwaukee, became the bride of Harlen John Laack, son of
Mr. and Mrs. Arnold Laack, Abbotsford.
As the daughter of Mrs. Alois Henrichs,
Milwaukee, stood before the Rev. Fr. Kelly, she wore a white
Chantilly lace and nylon net over satin gown accented by a Roman
tiera headpiece. Her white bouquet was composed of lilies and
Miss Margaret Henrichs, Milwaukee, served
as maid of honor for her sister and she was escorted by the best
man, John Loucks, Abbotsford. A lace jacket topped her yellow net
and lace over taffeta skirt and she wore a matching
In blue gowns, styled identically to the
maid of honor’s, Miss Jean Laack, Abbotsford, sister of the
groom, and Miss Jeanette Plautz, Wausau, served as bridesmaids. The
attendants’ bouquets contained daisies and
The bride’s brothers, Leo and Tony
Henrichs, Milwaukee, were groomsmen and Robert Henrichs, Milwaukee,
brother of the bride, and Jim Lamont, Abbotsford,
After the ceremony, a dinner and
reception were held at the home of the bride’s mother. On
Wednesday evening a wedding dance was held at the Colby Park
The new Mrs. Laacks, who is a graduate of
Medford high school and St. Mary’s School of Nursing, Wausau,
is employed as an industrial nurse at the Schlitz Brewing Company,
while her husband, a graduate of Abbotsford high school, is engaged
in a housing project in Milwaukee.
After a honeymoon is northern Wisconsin,
the young couple will be at home at 2453 North Buffum Street,
Guests were present at the ceremony from Milwaukee, Medford, Wausau, Abbotsford, Phillips, and Unity.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs