BioM: Anderson, Geraldine Mildred (1954)
Surnames: Anderson, Geary, Harrison, Juneau, Samson, Nenzel, Fults, Koerner
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune
(Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 07/22/1954
Anderson, Geraldine Mildred (Marriage -
17 July 1954)
Miss Geraldine Mildred Anderson became
the bride of Clarence William Geary, Saturday evening, July 17,
during a candle light service at the First Presbyterian church at
7:30. The Rev. Richard Harrison officiated at the double ring
ceremony during which Herbert Juneau sang "The Lord’s
Prayer," and "O Perfect Love." Mrs. J. F. Samson was the
The bride, given in marriage by her
father, Kenneth Anderson, chose a gown of rose point lace over
satin designed with a scalloped scoop neckline and long sleeves
that came to points over the hands. The waltz length skirt of lace
over satin was topped with two fully gathered skirts of nylon
tulle. Her veil was finger tip length secured by a Juliet cap of
seed pearls, and her bouquet was an arrangement of red roses, white
gladioli and stephanotis.
Mrs. Clifford Nenzel, sister of the
groom, was matron of honor and Miss Sandra Fults, cousin of the
bride, was bridesmaid. Short sleeved lace jackets with small,
pointed collars, strapless bodices of chantilly lace over taffeta
and tiered nylon net over taffeta waltz length skirts were features
of the green and orchid gowns worn by the matron of honor and the
bridesmaids, respectively. They carried bouquets of orchid, green
and white carnations.
Miss Sandra Nenzel, three year old niece
of the groom, in a white dress, identical to that of the bride, was
the flower girl. Gerald Fults, four year old cousin of the bride,
The groom, who is the son of Mr. and Mrs.
Clarence Geary, of Curtiss, was attended by his brother-in-law,
Clifford Nenzel, as best man, and Robert Anderson, brother of the
Kenneth Anderson, another brother of the
bride, and Donald Koerner, were ushers.
Mrs. Anderson, the bride’s
step-mother, wore a dress of yellow nylon with chartreuse
accessories. Her corsage was made of white carnations with red
flecks, and stephanotis. Mrs. Geary, mother of the groom, wore a
light blue linen dress with white accessories and a corsage of red
Following the ceremony, a reception was held at the church parlors and later a midnight supper was served at the Anderson home to about 75 guests.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs