BioM: Larson, Merry (1955)
Surnames: Larson, Bruss, Smith, Lovejoy, Schmidt
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune
(Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 08/04/1955
Larson, Merry (Marriage - 23 July
At a candlelight ceremony in the
beautifully decorated First Presbyterian church of Weyauwega at 7
o’clock Saturday evening, July 23, Miss Merry Larson,
daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Malcolm Larson, Weyauwega, became the
bride of Orwald Bruss, son of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Bruss of
The Larsons formerly lived in
The bride was given in marriage by her
father and the Rev. P. T. Smith read the service. Joel Larson,
brother of the bride, was best man and Eunice Bruss, sister of the
groom, was maid of honor. Other attendants were Miss Pat Lovejoy
and Jerry Bruss and Mrs. David Schmidt and Willard Bruss. Ushers
were Victor Bruss and David Schmidt.
The bride wore a floor length gown of
imported French lace and nylon tulle over lustrous satin, the
moulded bodice of lace was highlighted with a sequin embroidered
scoop neckline. The voluminous skirt was of tulle with
appliquéd lace over satin and net underskirts. The silk
illusion fingertip veil was attached to a tiara of half hat style
of bridal lace and smoked illusion trimmed with pearls.
The bridesmaid and maid of honor wore
gowns of aqua satin with low moulded princess silhouette with a
portrait bodice fashioned in deep folds which highlighted the
neckline. The dresses were topped with a snug fitting jacket with
stand away neckline.
All of the men of the wedding party were
attired in semi-formal wear, white coats and midnight blue
The bride’s mother wore pink
flowered voile with white accessories and the groom’s mother
wore navy blue with white accessories. Both wore corsages of pink
A reception was held after the ceremony in the church basement for about 200 guests after which the bride and groom left on a week’s honeymoon in northern Wisconsin, Michigan and Canada. They are now at home in Appleton where both are employed.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs