BioM: Fink, Helen (1946)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Fink, Mishco
----Source: The Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark County, Wis.) 11 July 1946
Fink, Helen (29 JUNE 1946)
On Saturday, June 29, St. Thomas Aquinas church in Milwaukee was the scene of the marriage of Miss Helen Fink, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William C. Fink of Milwaukee, and Howard Mischo of Milwaukee, son of Mr. and Mrs. Englebert Mischo of St. Cloud, Minn.
The double ring ceremony was performed at 12 o’clock noon before an altar decorated with white snapdragons and white gladiolas. The Rev. Father Jungwirth read the mass. Miss Mary Schuh, friend of the bride, sang the "Ave Maria"
The bride entered the church on the arm of her father. For her wedding she chose a gown of white lace over satin, with scalloped peplum. A string of pearls, a gift of the groom, accentuated the sweetheart neckline. The full gathered net over satin skirt ended in a long train. Her fingertip veil of fine illusion was caught by a beaded crown. She carried a corsage of roses on a white satin covered prayer book, from which fell rosette streamers.
Miss Mary Palic, a friend of the bride, was maid of honor. Her gown of baby blue was lace over satin blouse and peplum and net over satin skirt, styled similar to that of the bride. She carried a bouquet of red and white roses; her headpiece was a crown of flowers matching her bouquet.
Frederick Mischo, brother of the groom, attended as best man. Both the groom and the best man wore dark suits and white carnation boutonnieres.
The mothers of the bridal pair wire corsages of pink carnations. Mrs. Fink wore a grey suit for her daughter’s wedding. The groom’s mother wore a white jersey. The fathers had carnation boutonnieres.
After the ceremony, a dinner and reception were held at the Hotel LaSalle in Milwaukee, with immediate relatives attending.
After the bride and groom return from their honeymoon in northern Wisconsin, they will reside in Milwaukee.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs