BioM: Schuld, Josephine (1946)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Schuld, Schmidt
----Source: The Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark County, Wis. 22 August 1946
Schuld, Josephine (27 JULY 1946)
Miss Josephine Schuld, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Leander Schuld of Neillsville, became the bride of Louis Schmidt, son of Joseph Schmidt of Menasha. In a wedding ceremony read in St. Mary’s Catholic church at Neillsville at 9 a.m. Saturday, July 27. The Rev. A. J. Riegier officiated at the double ring ceremony.
Attendants were Margaret Schuld, sister of the bride, as maid of honor and Adeli Schroeder of Riplinger, a cousin of the groom as bridesmaid. Frank Wucki of Chicago, friend of the bride and groom, acted as best man and Alfred Schuld, brother of the bride, was groomsman.
The maid of honor and bridesmaid wore identical gowns of white marquisette and carried bouquets of pink gladiolas and pink rosebuds in their hair.
For her wedding the bride wore a white ninon gown, styled with a fitted bodice and long sleeves coming to points over the wrists. The skirt entied in a long train, trimmed in lace. A beaded tiara held her finger-tip veil of illusion and she carried a heart-shaped bouquet of red roses.
After the nuptial service, breakfast, dinner and supper were served at the Schuld home to 40 guests. Pink and white streamers and garden flowers decorated the residence. A three-tired wedding cake formed the centerpiece at the table. That evening a wedding dance was held at the Silver Dome ballroom, west of Neillsville.
Mr. and Mrs. Schmidt will reside at Madison, where he will attended the University of Wisconsin.
They spent their wedding trip in Door county and at Wisconsin Dells.
Mr. and Mrs. Bonie Wehe and son, Jerome, of Loyal, former neighbors of the Shulds in the town of York, were among those who attended the wedding.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs