BioM: Free, Viola (1952)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
Surnames: Free, Buchholz, Murphy,, Mueller, Sputler, Kronberger, Lavey, Nulton
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) November 6, 1952
Free, Viola (Marriage - 1 November 1952)
Miss Viola Free, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Free, became the bride of Richard Buchholz, son of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Buchholz, at a ceremony performed at the York Center Methodist Church November 1. The Rev. Virgil Nulton performed the double ring ceremony before an altar banked with baskets of yellow and white chrysanthemums.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, chose a gown of white satin trimmed with Alencon type lace. It was fashioned with a long fitted bodice, high collar, long fitted lace sleeves coming to points at the wrists and a full length cathedral train. Her finger tip veil of illusion net fell from a satin lace trimmed Juliet hat. She carried a bridal bouquet of talisman roses and white chrysanthemums.
Miss Alice Buchholz, sister of the groom, served as her maid of honor and Mrs. Arnold Buchholz as her bridesmaid.
The groom was attended by Arnold Buchholz and Harold Murphy, Greenwood. Arnold Mueller and LaVern Sputler of Marshfield ushered. Milton Mueller was the ring bearer and Karen Lee Murphy, the bride’s niece, was flower girl.
Wayne Kronberger and Mrs. Norbert Lavey sang, accompanied by Martha Buchholz.
Following the ceremony a reception was held at the York town hall for 90 guests. The hall was artistically decorated with streamers of coral, blue and white, with white wedding bells.
When they return from a honeymoon trip in southern Wisconsin, the couple will be at home on Route 3, Neillsville.
The bride attended Loyal High School and is employed at McCain’s store in Neillsville. The groom attended Neillsville High School and is employed on his father’s farm.
Guests were present from Marshfield, Greenwood and Milwaukee.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs