BioM: Francis, Martha J. (1954)
Surnames: Francis, Harycki, Dahm, Buss, Olejniczak
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 06/24/1954
Francis, Martha J. (8 JUN 1954)
A very beautiful double ring wedding ceremony took place at St. Hedwig’s Catholic Church at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, June 8, 1954. Father Herbert Zoromski officiated at the nuptial mass. Repeating the sacred marriage vows were Miss Martha Jane Francis, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Francis, Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), and Edmund L. Harycki, son of Mrs. Victoria Harycki of Thorp.
Escorted down the white carpted aisle by her brother, Merrill, the bride wore a Chantilly lace over taffeta gown designed with a fitted bodice that close in back with tiny lace covered buttons. The scoop neckline was aplliqued and the long sleeves tapered at the wrists. Lace inserts were set into the bouffant skirt. Her appliquéd nylon veil was secured to a headpiece of orange blossoms and her bouquet consisted of white gladioli interpersied with pink roses. The pearls the bride wore were a gift of the groom and the Bridal Pray book she used during the Mass was a gift from her grandmother. While the choir sang, "On This Day Oh Beautiful Mother," the bride carried a bouquet of mixed flowers to the Blessed Virgin.
The matron of honor, Mrs. May Joan Francis, sister-in-law of the bride, Milwaukee, wore a yellow net over taffeta frock featuring a brocaded bodice. A lace jacket completed her ensemble.
Identically styled dresses to that of the matron of honor were worn by the bridesmaids, Miss Lorraine Dahm, Thorp, a girlfriend of the bride, in pink, and Miss Ruby Buss, Thorp, also a girlfriend of the bride, in blue. All carried bouquets of pink roses combined with yellow and white gladioli. They all wore lacelot headpieces to match their dresses. Each wore necklace and earring sets, gifts of the bride.
Little Suzie Olejniczak, Thorp, niece of the groom, was the flower girl. She carried a basket of pink roses and was attired in a white lace and satin with a tulle overskirt gown with short puff sleeves and a sheer yoke. A lacelot headpiece to match her dress was worn in her hair. The locket she wore was a gift of the bride.
Attendants for the groom included his brother, Vernon Harycki, Milwaukee, as best man. The groomsmen were Laurence Olejniczak, Gilman, cousin of the groom, and Arthur Francis, Milwaukee, brother of the bride. They all wore tuxedos and white carnation boutonnieres.
For her daughter’s wedding Mrs. Francis chose a two-piece dress of navy blue linen with white accessories and wore a corsage of white gladioli and pink roses. Mrs. Harycki wore a pink linen dress with white accessories and a corsage of white gladioli and pink roses.
Breakfast for the bridal party was served in St. Hedwig’s Hall which also was the scene of the 6:30 reception for 200 guests.
The bride is a graduate of Thorp High School, class of 1953 and is employed as a secretary at Bucyrus Erie in Milwaukee. The groom attended Thorp High School and is employed at Inland Steel as a press operator.
After a honeymoon in northern Wisconsin the newlyweds will reside in Milwaukee.
Guests came from Arvilla, N.D., Chicago, Milwaukee, Waterford, Merrillan, Janesville, Marshfield, Spencer, Gilman and Chippewa Falls for the wedding.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs