BioM: Thayer, Aralda Rose (1953)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
Surnames: Thayer, Larson, McLaughlin, Finstad,
Pipe, Amundson, Wolfe, Forehand, Sheldon, Fritzmeier, Magnuson,
Black, Dans, Benson, Quilling, Blegen, Kamke, Jeffers, Wells,
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville,
Clark Co., WI.) June 11, 1953
Thayer, Aralda Rose (Marriage - 6 June
very pretty wedding was solemnized in the First Congregational
Church, River Falls, at 2 o’clock, Saturday afternoon, June
6, 1953, when Aralda Rose Thayer, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. D. E.
Thayer, became the wife of Charles Jeffers Larson, son of Mr. and
Mrs. Charles W. Larson, both families of River Falls. The Rev.
Keenan Sheldon of Mt. Olivet Church, St. Paul, and the Rev. John
Fritzmeier, of the local church officiated.
service opened with the beautiful love song, "Because," sung by M.
Wayne Wolfe, accompanied by Mrs. Roy Forehand, who also played the
prenuptial music and Lohengrin’s Wedding March as the
processional and Mendelssohn’s wedding march as the
flower girls, little Nona and Susan, daughters of Dr. and Mrs.
James McLaughlin, led the processional march. They wore aqua
and pink silk crepe dresses. They were followed by Mrs. Lloyd
Finstad in yellow taffeta, Miss Carla Jane Pipe in white organdy
over pink taffeta, and the maid of honor Miss Frances ( a portion
of this wedding write up is missing, we are
groom attired in a Navy blue suit, was (missing words) attended by
_____ Amundson, as best man and Lloyd Finstad, as groomsman, each
wearing gray suits, the conventional blue bow ties and white
carnations. John Sanders, Roy Forehand and Ronnie Blegen were
double ring ceremony closed with a solo, "The Lord’s Prayer,"
by Mr. Wolfe.
church was decorated with baskets of garden
bride’s traveling suit was of linen, natural color with brown
bride’s mother wore a tan silk dress. Her corsage was
an orange camellia. The groom’s mother was dressed in a
blue and white silk dress; her corsage was of pink
Mrs. Jack Magnuson presided at the guest book
the reception Mrs. James Black had charge of the wedding cake; Dr.
Blanche Dans and Mrs. A. O. Benson poured at the serving
tables. Camilla and Sherry Quilling and Sonja Blegen were the
waitresses. A unique decoration at the bridal table was a
myrtle crown worn by the bride’s Grandmother Kamke at her
wedding in 1885. The top of the bridal cake and couple
ornament were placed in this archway.
and Mrs. Larson are both graduates of he Wisconsin sate College,
River Falls, class of 1951, and have their Bachelor of Science
degrees. The former majored in agriculture and is a member of
F. F. A. The latter majored in English and history and is a
member of Alpha Psi Omega, national dramatic
bride has taught English and library methods at the Glenwood City
High School the past two years. The groom has been head of
the agricultural department of the Cuba City High School since his
graduation and will continue in the same position the coming
year. The bride will have charge of the English department in
the high school in the neighboring city of Benton, where the couple
They are taking a trip to Idaho to visit Mr.
Larson’s grandfather, G. N. Jeffers, and other
relatives. They will be at Benton after September
Friends from Neillsville who attended the wedding were Mr. and Mrs. Burton Wells and Mr. and Mrs. Fred Stelloh.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs