BioM: Schmidt, Jean Ann (1954)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
Surnames: Schmidt, Marg, Waughtal, Speltz,
Meihack, Tenner, Zimmerman
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville,
Clark Co., WI.) September 30, 1954
Schmidt, Jean Ann (Marriage - 18 September
Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church of Melrose was the scene
of the marriage of Jean Ann Schmidt, daughter of Mr. and Mrs.
Herbert Schmidt of Melrose, and Donald Marg, son of Mr. and Mrs.
Edward Marg of Neillsville, on Saturday, September 18, at 8:00
double ring ceremony was performed by the Rev. M. A. Zimmerman,
pastor of the church.
bride, given in marriage by her father, wore a waltz-length dress
of white Chantilly lace and nylon net. A tiara of seed pearls
held her fingertip veil. Her bouquet of white gladioli was
intermixed with red rose bud centers.
Mrs. George Waughtal, Jr., was her matron of
honor. Miss Marlene Schmidt, sister of the bride, and Miss
Janet Schmidt, a cousin, were her bridesmaids. They wore
dresses of peacock blue, shrimp and white and carried bouquets of
carnations and roses.
Connie Rae Schmidt, the bride’s sister, was
her flower girl, dressed similarly to the bride. The ring
bearer was Steve Speltz of Black River Falls.
groom was attended by his twin brother, Melvin Marg, of
Neillsville, as best man. Ronald Meihack, Neillsville, and
William Tenner, Melrose, served as ushers.
reception was held at the church parlors for approximately 275
bride is a graduate of the Melrose High School and has been
employed as a dental assistant to Dr. C. N. Schield of
groom graduated from the Neillsville High School and is a clerk in
the A & P Store in Neillsville.
After their return from a wedding trip they will
make their home in Neillsville.
Guests were from Bangor, West Salem, Black River Falls, La Crosse, Rock Springs, Lake Mills, Blair, Neillsville, Reedsburg, Marshfield; Evansville and Rockford, Ill.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs