Marg, Diane (1954)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
Surnames: Marg, Carlson, Schewe, Thompson, Holum,
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville,
Clark Co., WI.) December 2, 1954
Marg, Diane (Marriage - 17 November
Miss Diane Marg, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank
Marg of Rt. 3, Neillsville, and Larry Carlson, son of Mr. and Mrs.
Clare Carlson of 306 Park Street, Neillsville, were married
Saturday afternoon, November 17, 1954, at St. John’s Lutheran
Church at Neillsville. The Rev. Alfred Schewe, pastor of the
church, performed the double ring ceremony before an altar
decorated with white and yellow ‘mums.
The bride, given in marriage by her father, wore
the traditional white. Her gown was of white satin with a net
overskirt. The lace bodice was complete with a fitted
jacket. Her fingertip veil was fastened to a satin headband.
She carried a bouquet of red roses.
Miss Ellen Marg, sister of the bride, was her
maid of honor. Her dress was of aqua satin with a velvet
jacket and a net overskirt. Jo Ann Carlson, sister of the
groom was her bridesmaid. Kathy Carlson and Jeannie Thompson
acted as junior bridesmaids. They all wore dresses identical
to that of the maid of honor in coral, pink and blue
respectively. All of the attendants carried Colonial
Bruce Holum and Gerald Marg attended the
groom. Everett Dux and Ronald Thompson ushered. Freddie
Thompson of Minneapolis was ring bearer. Kathy Dux, dressed
in white taffeta with net and carrying a Colonial bouquet, was
reception following the ceremony was held for approximately 100
guests in the Lutheran School basement.
Both the bride and groom were graduated from the
Neillsville High School with the Class of 1954. The bride has
been employed in Milwaukee the past summer and the groom is
employed in a Red Owl store at Two Rivers, Wis., where they will
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs