BioM: Dolan, Patricia Ann (1958)
Dolan, Giertych, Monarski, Doolin, Paradis, Howard, Hallinan,
Vraney, Mullen, Hennen, O’Brien
Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.)
Patricia Ann (Marriage - 26 Apr. 1958)
vows were exchanged between Miss Patricia Ann Dolan and Henry A.
Giertych, Jr., Saturday morning before a solemn nuptial high mass
at St. John’s Cathedral, Milwaukee. Msgr. Paul Monarski, of
Prairie du Chien, uncle of the bride, was officiant at the marriage
ceremony and celebrant of the mass. The Rev. William Hennen of St.
Albert’s parish, Milwaukee, and friend of the bride, was
deacon and the Rev. Eugene O’Brien of St. John’s
parish, was sub-deacon.
Mr. and Mrs.
Clarence Dolan, of Abbotsford, are parents of the bride; Mr. and
Mrs. H. A. Giertych, of Gary, Ind., are the groom’s
who was given in marriage by her father, wore a white, floor length
gown of Chantilly lace over satin with a fitted bodice and long
sleeves ending in points over the wrist. An orange blossom tiara of
pearled leaves held her finger tip veil. Her bouquet was a spray
arrangement centered with white philanopsis orchids surrounded by
May day rose buds and English ivy.
the bride was her sister, Miss Mary Dolan, of Kansas City, Mo., as
maid of honor. Two friends of the bride served as bridesmaids: Mrs.
Amber Doolin, Milwaukee, and Miss Jesena Paradis, of Haverhill,
cocktail length dresses of pale pink lace sheaths over silk organza
with overskirts of silk organza. The bodices of pink chiffon ended
in a tiered bustle effect in the back. Headpieces of bands of pink
linen with stiff face veiling and pink gloves completed their
ensembles. They carried bouquets styled similar to that of the
bride, of pink rosebuds and trailing ivy.
the groom were Thomas J. Howard, of Iowa, as best man, and William
Hallinan, of Spokane, Wash., and Robert Vraney, of Chicago, as
daughter’s wedding, Mrs. Dolan selected a shantung dress of
olive green with a white linen trim. With it she wore white
accessories and a corsage of white carnations and pink rose
Giertych wore a pink and white linen dress with pink accessories
and a corsage like the mother of the bride.
nuptial high mass, played and sung by George Mullen, "Ave Maria"
was sung at the offertory. Later, the bride laid a spray of
gardenias at the foot of the statue of the Blessed Virgin while the
soloist sang "On This Day, O Beautiful Mother."
the bridal party, the immediate families and the clergy, was served
in the East room at the Elk’s Club. A reception was held
there in the Marine Room from 2:00 to 4:00
married couple left on a wedding trip to Chicago and are making
their home at 719 East Knapp Street, Milwaukee, until the end of
the University term. The groom is a senior at the Marquette Dental
School. The bride, a graduate of St. Joseph’s School of
Nursing, Marshfield, is assistant instructor in oral surgery at
Guests attending the wedding were from Abbotsford, Gary, Indiana, Chippewa Falls, Eau Claire, Prairie du Chien, Madison, Wisconsin Rapids, Milwaukee, Oxford, Chicago, Niles, Ill., New Orleans, La., Hartford, Conn., Ginsberg, Minn.; Middleton, Calif.; and Oklahoma.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs