BioM: Janda, Ann (1958)
Janda, Larsen, Schulz, Steffes, Riley, Bladl, Roohr,
Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.)
(Marriage - 16 June 1958)
Bernard’s Catholic church was the scene of the marriage of
Miss Ann Janda and John Larsen on Monday morning at 10:00
o’clock. The Rev. Raymond Schulz witnessed the double ring
ceremony and officiated at the nuptial high mass which followed.
Mr. and Mrs. Robert Janda, Abbotsford, and Mr. and Mrs. Arnold
Larsen, Birnamwood, are parents of the couple.
Steffes, of Milwaukee, was her sister’s matron of honor. The
Misses Rosemary and Patricia Larsen, Birnamwood, sisters of the
groom, were bridesmaids.
served as best man; groomsmen were Paul Bladl and Wayne Roohr. All
are friends of the groom, from Owen. Ushers were Larry Hansen,
Withee, and Paul Steffes, Milwaukee.
given in marriage by her father, made her gown of white silk
taffeta, trimmed with bands of ivory embroidered net. The fitted
bodice was styled with short sleeves and a shawl collar which came
to a point at the back. The dropped waistline repeated the point at
the back of the bodice. The embroidery was used on the buttons at
the front of the dress, on the collar, sleeves and waistline, and
in wide panels at the center front and back of the "gathered"
skirt, which lengthened into a chapel train. Matching embroidered
scallops, trimmed with pearls, sequins, and beads, formed the crown
which held the bride’s finger tip veil of ivory illusion.
Pale, pink cymbidium orchids, hoye, stephanotis, and ivy were
arranged on her mother’s prayer book, carried by the bride
with her grand mother’s wedding rosary.
attendants dressed alike in ballerina length dresses of rose
printed nylon organdy over taffeta. They made their dresses with
scoop necklines, short sleeves, and full gathered skirts. A sash of
taffeta, tied at the waist, and matching ribbons accented the wide
hemline and was used for the hats, fashioned with short veils. The
white nylon organdy was used with pale yellow taffeta for the
matron of honor, and with Nile green taffeta for the bridesmaids.
Daisies in pastel colors formed the bouquets they
wore a dress of beige linen with pink accessories. A cymbidium
orchid, similar to those used in her daughter’s bouquet, and
pink roses formed her corsage. Mrs. Larsen’s dress of white
linen with blue embroidery was complemented by a corsage of pink
roses and blue forget-me-nots. She wore blue and white
the ceremony, a dinner for relatives and close friends was held in
the Colby Hotel, Colby.
After a wedding trip in northern Wisconsin, the couple will be employed in a resort on Madeline Island. In the fall, they will live in La Crosse, where the groom is a senior at La Crosse State College. The bride is a 1958 graduate of Stout College, Menomonie.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs