BioM: Herdrich, Norma (1946)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Herdrich, Dahl
----Source: The Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark County, Wis. 24 Oct. 1946)
Herdrich, Norma (16 OCT 1946
Trinity Lutheran church was the scene of a pretty wedding at 2 p.m. Wednesday morning, Oct. 16, when Miss Norma Herdrich, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Reno Herdrich of Loyal, became the bride of Harold Dahl, son of Mr. and Mrs. George Dahl of Granton.
The Rev. J. C. Langholz officiated at the double ring ceremony before the church altar, which was decorated with baskets of late fall flowers. Miss Ellen Henseler was organist, and Mrs. Erwin Dux dang "Together with Jesus" and "The Lord’s Prayer."
The bride’s gown was of white ninon and was trimmed with heavy lace inserts at the neckline. The fitted bodice was buttoned down the back, and the court train graced the full skirt. Her fingertip veil, edged with wide lace, was held by a crown of orange blossoms, and she carried shower bouquet of pink and white gladioli, with a white maline bow and satin streamers. Her jewelry was a gold cross, a gift from the bridegroom.
The attendants were Miss Margaret Herdrich, a sister of the bride, as maid of honor; Robert Luchterhand of Spencer, a cousin of the bride, as best man; Mr. and Mrs. Verland Dux of Loyal, cousins of the groom, as groomsman and bridesmaid. Veryl Herdrich, the bride’s sister, as flower girl, and Byrl Dahl, a cousin of the groom, as ringbearer. Robert and Harold Herdrich, brothers of the bride, were ushers.
The maid of honor was gowned in blue satin, with net overskirt, while the bridesmaid wore a similar dress of pink. Both carried (wore?) matching blusher veils and carried pink and white carnations. Their necklaces were gifts from the bride. Veryl’s frock was of brocaded white taffeta, and she carried a miniature bridal bouquet. The rings were carried by Bryl on a satin pillow.
The groom wore a suit of medium blue mixture, and his two attendants wore navy blue suits. All wore white carnation boutonnieres.
Supper was served to 80 guests in the church parlors, and a reception was held at the bride’s home. The church parlors and the Herdrich home were decorated with blue, pink, and white streamers and wedding bells, while a wedding cake of four tiers, also decorated in blue, pink, and white, centered the table.
A wedding dance was given that evening at the Merry Ol’ Gardens.
Mr. and Mrs. Dahl will be at home to their friends on the Dahl family farm upon their return from a honeymoon spent in Minnesota and southern Wisconsin.
The bridegroom, who attended the Granton high school, helps to operate the family farm. Mrs. Dahl is a graduate of Loyal high school, with the class of 1943, and will continue at part-time work with the John Wuethrich Creamery Company at Greenwood, where she has been employed for 3 ½ years.
Among the guests were Mr. and Mrs. Frank Luchterhand, Mrs. Oscar Herdrich, Mrs. Henry Vick, Mr. and Mrs. Jake Henseler Jr. and family, Mr. and Mrs. William Tucker and Noreen, Mr. and Mrs. Bob Wehling, Mr. and Mrs. Alvin Luchterhand and family, Mr. and Mrs. Melvin Luchterhand, Mr. and Mrs. Erwin Dux and family, Garth Luchterhand, Mr. and Mrs. Frank Dux, and the Rev. and Mrs. J. C. Langholz and daughter, Eunice, all of Loyal; Mrs. Rose Bird, Mr. and Mrs. George Dahl, Mr. and Mrs. Earl Williams , Mrs. Frieda Dahl and sons, Erland and Byrl, and Mrs. Edward Dahl and son, Alvin, all of Granton.
Mr. and Mrs. Herman Dux and family, Mr. and Mrs. Albert Dux and family, Mr. and Mrs. Richard Hagedorn and daughter, Lorraine, and Mr. and Mrs. Edward Greeler and family, all of Neillsville; Ione Morgan of Riplinger; Mr. and Mrs. John Wuethrich Sr. of Greenwood; Louise Luchterhand of Unity; Mr. and Mrs. William Luchterhand and family of Marshfield; Mr. and Mrs. Ray Littlefield of Sheboygan Falls; Mr. and Mrs. Walter Foemmel and family of Chili, and Mr. and Mrs. Walter Limp of Bloomer.
The Loyal Tribune extends to the young couple its wishes for happiness.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs