BioM: Shaffer, Louise Emily (1957)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
Surnames: Shaffer, Montgomery, Swift,
Nahley, Jones, Buchin
----Source: Clark County Press
(Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) April 11, 1957
Shaffer, Louise Emily (Marriage - 6 April
Miss Louise Emily Shaffer, daughter of
Mr. and Mrs. Freeman Shaffer of 113 W. Division Street,
Neillsville, and William Montgomery of Janesville, son of Mr. and
Mrs. Dallas Montgomery of Richland Center, were married Saturday at
First Presbyterian Church, Muscoda. The Rev. George Buchin,
pastor officiated at the double ring ceremony.
The church was decorated with yellow and
white gladioluses, with white candles in candelabra and a white
carpet. One hundred twenty-five guests witnessed the
The bride given in marriage by her father
wore a white nylon organdy floor-length gown trimmed with seed
pearls on lace around the neckline, and the short sleeves.
The skirt also had trimming of seed pearls on lace. Her costume was
completed with a finger-tip veil, fashioned with a tiara of seed
pearls and sequins on lace. Her flowers were a cascade
bouquet of yellow roses and ivy.
Mrs. William Swift of Madison, a friend
of the bride, was her matron of honor. The groom was attended
by his brother, Delbert D. Montgomery of Richland Center. William
Swift of Madison and Rudy Montgomery of Richland Center, cousin of
the groom, were ushers. Miss Carol Nahley sang "The
Lord’s Prayer" and "Through the years," accompanied at the
organ by Mrs. Howard Jones.
Following the ceremony, a reception fro
300 guests was held at the Park Hotel in Richland Center, where the
decorations were yellow jonquils.
The groom was recently discharged from the U. S. Marine Corps and is employed in Janesville. The bride is a senior in the Madison General Hospital School of Nursing. The couple took a short trip to Northern Wisconsin, and since April 9 have been living at 156 ½ Cherry Street Janesville. Mr. and Mrs. Shaffer went Thursday to Muscoda for their daughter’s wedding.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs