BioA: Christie, Mr. and Mrs. Freeman (Golden - 1957)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
Surnames: Christie, McConnell, Hendren,
Schullo, Lobner, Cox, Stabnow, Sather
----Source: Clark County Press
(Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) December, 19, 1957
Christie, Mr. and Mrs. Freeman (Golden -
11 December 1957)
Their golden wedding anniversary was
celebrated Saturday by Mr. and Mrs. Freeman Christie, of 1800 Black
River Road, when 150 relatives, neighbors and friends gathered at
the American Legion Hall. Open house was held there from 2 to 4
p.m. and in the evening an anniversary dinner was served to
Mr. Christie, the son of Mr. and Mrs.
Samuel Christie and Miss Elizabeth McConnell, daughter of Mr. and
Mrs. George McConnell, were united in marriage December 11, 1907,
in the Presbyterian parsonage at Greenwood, with the late Rev. W.
T. Hendren, officiating. The newlyweds lived on a farm in Eaton
Township, south of Greenwood, and remained there for 33 years,
residing on several different farms.
To this union six children were born:
Ernest, now of La Crosse; Eugene of Neillsville; Arthur of
Greenwood; May (now Mrs. Tony Schullo) of Minneapolis; Arlene (now
Mrs. Harold Lobner) of Milladore; and John of Wayzata,
The six children, 17 grandchildren and
two great-grandchildren were in Neillsville Saturday and took part
in a two-day celebration. They included: Mr. and Mrs. Ernest
Christie and Jimmy and Gerald, Mr. and Mrs. Eugene Christie with
Dick, Ken and Lary, Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Christie with Kay, Lyle,
High and Jim, Mr. and Mrs. Tony Schullo with Jack and Ken, Mr. and
Mrs. Harold Lobner with Beatrice, Michel, Patrick and Giselle, and
Mr. and Mrs. John Christie with Patrick and Tim.
Other relatives attending included, Mr. and Mrs. Floyd Christie and family, Mr. and Mrs. Jim McConnell, Mrs. Lawrence Cox, Mrs. Carl Stabnow, and Mr. and Mrs. Ole Sather, all of Greenwood. There were also in attendance a large number of friends from Greenwood and Neillsville areas.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs