BioM: Oelke, Judith Ann (1958)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
Surnames: Oelke, Vobora, Gluch, Nelson,
Shramek, Gross, Bahe
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) April 24, 1958
Oelke, Judith Ann (Marriage - 12 April
At 2 o’clock April 12 at Grace
Lutheran Church, Nasonville; Miss Judith Ann Oelke exchanged
marriage vows with Stanley Joseph Vobora. The Rev. Richard
Parents of the couple are Mr. and Mrs.
Harold Oelke, Rt. 1, Marshfield, and Mr. and Mrs. Tony Vobora Rt.
Miss Oelke wore a gown of embroidered
nylon net over tiers of net. The waltz length dress was styled with
short sleeves which she wore with nylon net gauntlets. White
gardenias, red roses and lily of the valley made up the
Miss Sharon Oelke attended her sister as
maid of honor and wore a waltz-length blue chiffon over net
dress. Pink and white carnations formed her bouquet.
Mrs. Raymond Gluch, Rt. 2, Granton, sister of the groom, was
bridesmaid and Jullien Nelson, Rt. 3, Marshfield, cousin of the
bride was junior bridesmaid. They wore blue and white dresses
identical in style to that of the maid of honor while Miss Nelson
carried a bouquet of red roses with white carnations.
Frank Shramek, Jr., Chili, Raymond Gluch,
brother-in-law of the groom and John Gross, nephew of the groom
were his attendants. Anton R. Vobora, Granton, brother of the
groom and Delbert Nelson, Marshfield, cousin of the bride
A reception was held at the home of the
bride’s parents, following by supper in the church parlors.
The dance was held at Eagles Hall in Marshfield.
The bride attended schools in the
Marshfield area while the groom is a graduate of Granton High
School and University of Wisconsin Farm Short Course. He
served with the U. S. Army for three years and is now engaged in
farming on Rt. 2, Granton.
After a honeymoon in southern Wisconsin, Iowa and Missouri, the couple will make their home on R 2, Granton.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs