BioM: Schmidt, Marie D. (1958)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
Surnames: Schmidt, Waldhauser, Linder,
Schimmer, Worchel, Zak, Johanek, Kaiser, Horn, King
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) June 26, 1958
Schmidt, Marie D. (Marriage - 21 June
St. Anthony’s Catholic Church in
Loyal was the setting Saturday for the wedding of Miss Marie D.
Schmidt and Lawrence F. Waldhauser, whose parents are Mr. and Mrs.
Andrew Schmidt of Rt. 2, Spencer, and Mr. and Mrs. Andrew
Waldhauser of Rt. 2, Loyal. The Rev. Fr. Norbert King
performed the double ring ceremony.
The bride, given in marriage by her
father, chose the traditional white for her gown. The long, full
skirt was floor-length, with medium-length train. Ruffled layers of
tulle fell from the waistline. The tight fitted bodice was
fashioned with a scalloped neckline and her fingertip veil fell
from a pearl studded crown. She carried red and white
Miss Dorothy Schmidt was her
sister’s honor attendant, and bridesmaids were Evelyn
Schmidt, Delores Linder, Florence Schimmer and Mardene Worchel.
Barbara Zak of Highland Park, Ill. was junior bridesmaid.
The groom was attended by Norman
Waldhauser as bestman. Attending him as groomsmen were Matt
Johanek, Harold Kaiser, Jerome Schmidt and Donald Schmidt.
Ushers were Andrew Schmidt, Jr. and Billy Horn. Richard Zak
carried the rings on a white satin pillow, and Charlotte Schmidt, a
cousin of the bride, was flower girl.
A reception was held at the home of the
bride’s parents following the ceremony.
On their return from a wedding trip to
northern Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, Canada and New York, they
will reside in Milwaukee.
Both bride and groom are graduates of the Loyal High School. She has been employed by Dr. Zak in Highland Park, Ill., and the groom is attending the University of Wisconsin.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs