BioM: Boe, Beverly (1947)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Boe, Arnold
----Source: The Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark County, Wis. 19 June 1947)
Boe, Beverly (07 JUNE 1947)
The First Methodist church in Marshfield was the scene of a 4 o’clock wedding on Saturday afternoon, June 7, during which Miss Beverly Ann Boe, formerly of Loyal and now of New York City, became the bride of Charles G. Arnold of Montclair, N. J. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Boe of Loyal, and her husband is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Roy Arnold of Waymart, Pa.
The Rev. Raymond J. Fleming officiated and during the entire ceremony music was played. "Because" and "The Lord’s Prayer" were sung by Mrs. Melvin Marvin. Bedecking the altar were white gladioli and palms. The bride was given in marriage by her father.
Mrs. L. M. Abrahamson of Shawano served as matron of honor for her sister, and the groom’s brother, Harold Arnold, of East McKeesport, Pa., was his best man. Mrs. James Perkins of St. Paul was the bridesmaid; June Wichmaan of Loyal, cousin of the bride was flower girl, and Eldon F. Hill of Loyal and Glen S. Bishop of Montclair, N. J., were ushers.
The entrained bridal gown was made of mousseline de soie. The fingertip veil of illusion was attached to a tiara of seed pearls, and a white orchid centered the bouquet of American Beauty roses with swansonia streamers carried by the bride. Mrs. Arnold wore her mother’s gold wreath pin and pearls.
Mrs. Abrahamson was attired in yellow mousseline de soie and carried yellow roses, and Mrs. Perkins wore green mousseline de soie. Yellow roses also were carried by the bridesmaid and the flower girl carried a basket, from which she dropped rose petals on the aisle cloth before the bride. Mothers of the bride and groom wore aqua and rose respectively, with white roses for corsages.
A luncheon reception was held in the church parlors after the ceremony, about 85 guests attending. Tables were decorated in a yellow and green color scheme. Miss Patricia haas of Minneapolis sang several selections at the reception, with Mrs, Arnold Wicklund as accompanist.
After their two-week honeymoon at Niagara Falls, they will reside at 55 Walnut street, Montcalir, N. J. The bride wore a pink faille suit, with navy accessories and a white orchid corsage for the trip.
Mrs. Arnold, a registered nurse, is a graduate of the Loyal high school in 1942 and Northwestern Hospital of Nursing at Minneapolis in 1945. She was employed at the Wisconsin General hospital in Madison and Memorial hospital in New York City. Her husband, a graduate of the Waymart high school in 1942, also attended Pennsylvania State college and was a member of the Kappa Delta Rho fraternity. He is employed as an electrical engineer at Bell Labs in New York City.
Guests were Mr. and Mrs. Roy Arnold of Waymart, Pa.; Mr. and Mrs. H. R. Arnold of West McKeesport, Pa.; Mr. and Mrs. R. A. Kauffman and son Jerry, of Madison; Glen Bishop Of Montclair, N. J.; Mr. and Mrs. Gunard Hammerstrom and son, Laverne, Mr. and Mrs. James Perkins, and Miss Patricia Haas, all of St. Paul; Mr. and Mrs. Ted Abraham, St. Paul; Oscar Engen and daughter of Eleva; Mr. and Mrs. Ted Abrahamson and daughter, Sylvia, of Tigerton; Mr. and Mrs. Lennert Abrahmanson and daughter, Sue Ann of Shawano; and Mr. and Mrs. Richard Morrow of Whitewater.
Those from Loyal who attended the wedding were: Mr. and Mrs. Arnold Wicklund and daughter, Bonnie, Mrs. Maude Castner, Mr. and Mrs. J. R. Colby, Mrs. O. W. Trindal and daughters, Janice and Joyce, Miss Nettie Welsh, Mr. and Mrs. Harold Hills, Eldon Hill, Mr. and Mrs. Ray Prior, Mrs. Norman Prior, Mr. and Mrs. Harvey Gotter and daughter, Mr. and Mrs. V. O. Kauffman, Mrs. W. I. Mack, Mrs. Chester Smith, Mr. and Mrs. Henry Boe, Mr. and Mrs. Orville Wichman and daughters, Mrs. Dan Castner and Miss Frances Langholz.
The Loyal Tribune joins their many friends in wishing them a long and happy journey through life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs