BioM: Peterson, Kathryn (1947)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Peterson, Schuette
----Source: The Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark County, Wis. 10 July 1947
Peterson, Kathryn (28 JUNE 1947)
In a ceremony performed on Saturday, June 28, by the Rev. M. C. Goetsch, at St. Luke’s Evangelical Lutheran church in the town of Green grove, Miss Kathryn Peterson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Peterson of Curtiss, became the bride of Orville Schuette, son of Mr. and Mrs. Hugo Schuette of Unity.
Maid of honor was Miss Arlene Schuette, sister of the groom, and the best man was Orlyn Peterson, brother of the bride. Other attendants were Mrs. Evelyn Novak of Withee, sister of the bride and Calvin Schulz of Colby. The flower girl was Sandra Novak, niece of the bride. Ushers were Armin Peterson, brother of the bride and Merlin Schuette, brother of the groom.
The bride wore a white satin dress with lace inserts from the waist down through the train. Her fingertip veil was edged with lace and she carried a bouquet of red roses. Mrs. Novak wore blue taffeta, while Miss Schuette wore pink taffeta. Both carried pink and white carnations. The little flower girl wore a yellow silk dress.
The bride’s mother wore an orchid colored dress for her daughter’s wedding, while the groom’s mother wore a dress of dusty rose. Both had shoulder corsages of red roses and white carnations.
A reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents, and a supper was served 75 guests at the Curtiss village hall, with a dance honoring the couple being given at Walter’s Pavillion, near Colby.
Mr. and Mrs. Schuette will make their home at Curtiss, where the bride has been employed as a postal clerk, and the groom is engaged in construction work. The groom graduated from Colby high school and the bride graduated from Owen high.
To the newlyweds, The Loyal Tribune extends its wishes for a long and happy married life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs