BioM: Seufzer, Donna (1955)
Surnames: Seufzer, Smasal, Conlon, Wasileski, Von Wald, Vrklyan, Lauer, DeBruin, Van Domelin
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 09/22/1955
Seufzer, Donna (30 AUG 1955)
A beautiful wedding took place at the St. Ann’s Catholic Church in Stanley August 30th, 1955, when the Rev. Edmond Cramer read the double ring ceremony at the nine o’clock Mass for Donna Mae Seufzer, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Tony Seufzer of Stanley, and Robert Duane Smasal, son of Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Smasal of Withee (Clark Co., Wis.).
The bride was escorted to the altar by her father who presented her for marriage. The bride was wearing a gown of white imported frosty nylon over white satin. It was styled with a four tier skirt, fitted bodice, scalloped neckline, short sleeves and matching gauntlets. Her three quarter French illusion veil fell from a crown of seed pearls and rhinestones. Her flowers were a heart shaped bouquet of tiny roses with streamers and she carried a pearl rosary, a gift from the groom.
The bride’s cousin, Miss Elaine Conlon of Eau Claire, was maid of honor. She wore a gown of white imported frosty nylon over orchid taffeta with matching gauntlets and veil. She carried a colonial bouquet of white carnations and tiny roses.
Miss Martha Wasileski of Stanley and Mrs. Glenn Von Wald, cousins of the groom, served as bridesmaids. Their gowns were of white frosty imported nylon over yellow taffeta and pale green taffeta. They had also matching colored gauntlets and veils. Their bouquets were the same as the maid of honor. Their accessories were rhinestone earrings and necklaces, a gift from the bride.
The flower girls were Kathleen and Nancy Ann Seufzer, sisters of the bride. They wore dresses of imported frosty nylon over rose and yellow taffeta respectively. Their dresses were identical to that of the brides. Each flower girl carried red and white carnations. They also wore matching gauntlets and veils. Their accessories were heart shaped necklaces and bracelets, a gift from the bride.
The best man was Donald Smasal, brother of the groom, and the groomsmen were Rudy Vrklyan and Kenneth Seufzer, brother of the bride.
Duane Smasal and Leonard Lauer were ushers.
The bride’s mother wore a blue and white Dacron dress with blue and white accessories. Her corsage was of tiny pink roses, stephanotis and white carnations.
The groom’s mother wore a turquoise two piece dress with clusters of pearls and rhinestones with white accessories. Her corsage was similar to the bride’s mother.
The bride’s grandmother, Mrs. Joe DeBruin, wore a corsage of white carnations.
The groom’s grandmother, Mrs. Barbara Smasal, wore a corsage similar to the bride’s grandmother.
The dinner was held in the church parlors for 100 guests. On the bride’s table, the wedding cake was placed, which consisted of three layers, and was decorated with wedding bells, tiny red roses and tiny blue, pink, yellow, and white miniature dolls. The cake was made by the bride’s aunt, Mrs. Peter Van Domelin of Stanley.
The church basement was decorated in colorful strips of crepe paper of yellow, pale green, orchid and rose.
A reception was held at the home of the bride in the afternoon for 300 guests. A wedding dance was given in the evening at the St. Hedwig’s Ballroom. When the couple left on their wedding trip, the bride wore a Kelly green suit with red accessories.
Their wedding trip was spent in visiting good friends in Central City, Ia., and Mr. and Mrs. Bob Smith of De Witt, Ia., all former residents of Withee. On their return trip home they visited the beautiful grotto at Dickyville. The couple will live at route 1, Withee.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs