Obit: Weaver, William F. (1881 - 1955)
Surnames: Weaver, Hume, Robersen, Seivwright, Kadonsky, King
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 11/10/1955
Weaver, William F. (4 MAR 1881 - 3 NOV 1955)
Funeral services for William Frederick Weaver, 74, were held at St. Katherine’s Episcopal Church on Tuesday, Nov. 8, with Rev. Ronald Ortmayer, Chippewa Falls, conducting the services and Masonic Rites following at Riverside Cemetery.
"Bill" as he was known to his many friends in Owen (Clark Co., Wis.), was born at Louisville Landing, N.Y., on March 4, 1881, to Albert and Margaret (Hume) Weaver and passed away at the Hepburn Hospital, Ogdensburg, N.Y. on Thursday, Nov. 3rd, 1955 at 4 p.m. Funeral services were held at Ogdensburg, where he leaves two brothers and two sisters, besides a number of nieces and nephews, on Saturday, Nov. 5th.
He spent his early years in New York, coming to Owen in 1909, where he built up the W. F. Weaver Construction Co. Constructing, among other, the Owen High School, the Griebenow building, the B & O Garage, the building housing the Allen Department Store, the Northern States Power building, the city garage, the bowling alley building, and other residential home. Leaving Owen in 1929, he became associated with the Cornstalk Products Co., of Danville, Ill., returning to Owen in 1939, at which time he and his son, Robert, again entered the construction business, building the present Congregational Church, the R. F. Hughes residence, the Elmer Haselow residence, and doing extensive remodeling of the old John S. Owen building, which was purchased by Louis Bulgrin at that time. They also constructed several houses in Lake Mills, and he also built the home of his daughter and family, Stevens Point, and the living quarters of his daughter and family, attached to Ted’s Lunch.
In 1941 he again left Owen, when he enlisted in the United States Architectural Engineering Corp., and was stationed at Scott Field, the Detroit Arsenal, the battle Creek Vet’s Hospital, and Camp McCoy, among others.
In 1948 he retired and made his home for several years with his son, Russell, and for the past three years had resided with his son, Robert, in Ogdensburg.
On Feb. 28, 1905 he was married to Miss Mary Weaver at Stevens Point, and leaves six children, Robert of New York, Russell and Mrs. Ted (Mildred) Robersen, Owen, Mrs. James (Virginia) Seivwright and Mrs. Raymond (Betty) Kadonsky, both of Stevens Point, and Mrs. Kenneth (Lila) King of Wausau, besides 10 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Pallbearers at the services were all members of the Masonic Lodge of which he was a long time member, L. E. Bulgrin, John Taylor, Walter Cattanach, Walter Fritz, David McVey and Jack Olds.
Attending from out of town were Mr. and Mrs. James Seivwright and son, Tom, Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Kadonsky and son, Charles, Stevens Point; Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth King, Wausau; Mr. and Mrs. Val King, Jim Falls; Mr. and Mrs. Charles Meyenberg, Stone Lake; Mr. and Mrs. Frank Weaver, Spooner; Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Ammentorp, Medford; and Robert Weaver of Ogdensburg, N.Y.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs