BioM: Fitzgibbon, Anna C. (1912)
Contact: Ann Stevens
Surnames: Fitzgibbon, Jackson, Marsh,
----Source: Neillsville Times (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) Sept 26, 1912
Fitzgibbon, Anna C. (18 Sept
At eight o’clock Wednesday evening,
Sept. 18th, 1912, at the home of the bride’s
parents, Mr. and Mrs. John Fitzgibbon, occurred the marriage of
their daughter, Anna C. to Mr. Fred M. Jackson. At the
appointed hour the couple unattended, took their places in the
parlor, which was prettily decorated with flowers and autumn
leaves, and Rev. W.E. Marsh, pastor of the M.E. church, spoke the
words which united two hearts for the remainder of life’s
journey. The wedding was a quiet one, witnessed only by
immediate relatives of the bride and groom and a few intimate
The bride has resided in this city nearly
ten years and is a young lady of many graces of mind and
person. She filled the position of head clerk in John J.
Grime’s store the past five years and is highly respected by
all, not only the city, but by those in the neighboring towns as
The groom came to Colby in 1893, and was
principal of our high school eight years, then studied law and was
admitted to the bar in 1902. He associated himself with R.B.
Salter, and is still a member of the law firm of Salter &
Jackson, although now practicing at Hettinger, N.D. He filled
the office of district attorney of Clark county four years, and
represented the county in the legislature two years. He is
well and favorably known all through this part of the state, and
his hosts of friend who will join the Phonograph in best
wishes for the future happiness and prosperity of Mr. and Mrs.
They departed on the limited the same night for a wedding trip through the west, and will visit in Oregon, Washington and British Columbia. They will be at home in Hettinger, N.D. about Oct 15. - Colby Phonograph
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs