BioM: White, Elaine (1947)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: White, Bauer
----Source: The Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark County, Wis. 16 Oct 1947)
White, Elaine (04 Oct. 1947)
During a nuptial mass celebrated Saturday morning, Oct. 4, at St. Anthony’s Catholic church here, Miss Elaine White, daughter of James H. White of Greenwood, became the bride of Robert Bauer, son of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Bauer of Greenwood. The Rev. Fr. Aloys Zinthefer was celebrant.
Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth White of Marshfield, brother and sister-in-law of the bridesmaid, (? bride) served as the best man and matron of honor. The groom’s sister, Miss Doris Bauer, of Neillsville was bridesmaid, with Viuncent Braun of Greenwood, friend of the couple, as groomsman.
The bride was given in marriage by her father, wore a white entrained gown of satin. Her fingertip veil was caught to a headdress of rhinestones\ and seed pearls. She carried a bouquet of red roses and a white prayer book, given to her by the groom’s mother. Her two-strand necklace was a gift of the groom.
The matron of honor wore a gown of blue taffeta and marquisette and carried a white and pink carnation nosegay. The bridesmaid was dressed in blue marquisette and carried a bouquet identical to that carried by the matron of honor. Their pearl necklaces were gifts of the bride.
Breakfast was served to the bridal party at the home of the groom’s brother-in-law and sister, Mr. and Mrs. Robert Johnson at Greenwood. Dinner and supper were served to about 75 guests at the home of the groom’s parents. That evening a wedding dance was given at the Silver Dome, near Neillsville.
Mrs. Bauer is a graduate of the Loyal high school with the class of 1946.
The couple will make their home at Greenwood.
The Loyal Tribune joins their many frinds in wishing trhem a long and happy journey through life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs