BioM: Kleinschmidt, Shirley Ann (1956)
Surnames: Kleinschmidt, Clarkson, Wold, Morrison, Wienke
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 07/05/1956
Kleinschmidt, Shirley Ann (16 JUN 1956)
In a double ring ceremony Saturday morning, June 16, 1956, in the First Baptist Church, Medford, Miss Shirley Ann Kleinschmidt became the bride of Benny Lewis Clarkson. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Kleinschmidt, route 2, Spencer, and the groom, who is stationed at Reese Air Force Base in Texas, is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Edgar Clarkson, Medford.
When the vows were said before the Rev. Joseph H. Troup of Medford, the bride was wearing a gown of net over satin designed with a shallow scooped neckline of lace, appliquéd with sequins. The lace bodice came to a V at the waistline, and ruffled layers of tulle formed the floor length skirt. A sweetheart crown of sequins held her fingertip veil which had a scalloped edge and lace heart designs of sequins and pearls. Lace ribbons tied her bouquet of white carnations and red roses.
A brother and sister-in-law of the groom, Mr. and Mrs. Lloyd Clarkson, Medford, served the couple as honor attendants. Others in the bridal party were Mrs. Ray Wold, Glenwood City, Miss Kathy Morrison, Spencer, cousins of the bride, and Miss Janet Clarkson, Medford, sister of the groom. Groomsmen were Donald and Richard Wienke, Glenwood City, Cousins of the bride, and Delmar Kleinschmidt and Richard Wienke also ushered in the church.
The bridal aides wore floor length gowns of net over satin, and their headpieces were little ruffled bands of net with tiny flowers. They carried bouquets of carnations tinted to match their dresses. The matron of honor’s white dress of net over satin had three layers of ruffled tulle forming the top of the skirt, with net falling the rest of the way to the hemline. A matching lace jacket was worn over the strapless bodice.
Mrs. Wold and Miss Morrison had Nile green and blue dresses respectively, which were designed with rows of ruffles extending down the sides and lace cover up jackets. An orchid gown, similar to the matron of honor’s, was worn by Miss Clarkson.
During the service, "Hand in Hand" was sung by Miss Mildred Hall and Mrs. J. H. Troup, and they were joined by Gerry Arndt and Carl Grotchkob in "I Love you Truly." Presiding at the piano was Miss Joyce Guarke.
Corsages of yellow and deep pink and deep rose carnations were pinned at the shoulder lines of the mothers’ frocks. Mrs. Kleinschmidt selected a turquoise dress with white accessories, and Mrs. Clarkson wore a white linen dress trimmed in avocado green with green accessories.
For the ceremony and buffet supper, which was served in the church basement at 5:00 o’clock, guests were there from Spencer, Loyal, Medford, Colby, Stetsonville, Chicago, Ill., Marshfield, Glenwood City, Carnersville and Withee.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs