BioM: Southworth, Charlotte A. (1956)
Surnames: Southworth, Bolz, Schopper, Clarkson, Doberstein
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 08/23/1956
Southworth, Charlotte A. (8 AUG 1956)
Holy Rosary Catholic Church, Owen, was the scene of the wedding, Aug. 8, 1956, of Miss Charlotte A. Southworth and Conrad R. Bolz. Among the persons who witnessed the ceremony and Nuptial celebrated by the Rev. L. H. Crubel, were the couple’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Richard Bolz, Withee (Clark Co., Wis.), and Mr. and Mrs. Claire E. Southworth, Owen (Clark Co.).
The immediate families and wedding party were served dinner at the bride’s home, and in the afternoon the couple greeted relatives and friends from Medford, Owen, Withee, Green Bay and Milwaukee, during a reception. Wedding festivities concluded with a wedding dance in the Dorchester Memorial Hall.
White lace and net over satin designed the bridal gown which Miss Southworth donned for the occasion. The bodice was trimmed with lace which continued in panels to the hem of the full net skirt. A pillbox hat secured her fingertip veil of sheerest illusion, and she carried a bouquet of red roses.
At their wedding Miss Bernice Southworth was the maid of honor, and Don Southworth, Owen, was best man. Other principals in the party were Mrs. George Southworth, Withee, sister-in-law of the bride, Miss Joan Schopper, Dorchester, and Mrs. Fritz Doberstein, Medford. Darlene Bolz was the junior bridesmaid at her brother’s wedding. Groomsmen were George Southworth, Withee, his brother, Donald Clarkson and Fritz Doberstein, both of Medford, and James Southworth, Owen, the bride’s brother.
The couple are now living on a rural route out of Medford. Mr. Bolz is employed by the Harvey Company, Medford, and his wife will teach at the Farmview rural school.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs