BioM: Fredrick, Eva E. (1957)
Surnames: Fredrick, Leseth, Dunnigan, Hegberg, Nelson, Berg
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 06/13/1957
Fredrick, Eva E. (1 JUN 1957)
The chapel at Grace Lutheran Church, Chicago, was the setting of the wedding of Miss Eva E. Fredrick, 904 First Ave., daughter of Mr. and Mrs. H. D. Fredrick, Park Falls, former Owen (Clark Co., Wis.) residents, and Donald J. Leseth of Chicago, Saturday, June 1st, 1957, at 4 p.m. The Rev. Marcus I. Gravdal officiated at the ceremony.
Given in marriage by her father, the bride wore a floor length gown of white nylon tufted sheer over white bridal taffeta fashioned with a portrait neckline and long tapered sleeves. A queen’s crown encrusted with seed pearls held her veil of imported silk illusion. She carried a white orchid on a white Bible.
Mrs. Daniel Fredrick of Owen, the bride’s sister-in-law, was the matron of honor. She wore a ballerina length gown of orchid dotted Swiss over orchid taffeta. The bridesmaid, Miss Mary Rose Dunnigan of Black River Falls, wore a similar gown of mint green. Both wore headbands of daisies and carried baskets filled with daisies.
Richard Hegberg of Chicago attended the groom as best man. Ushers were Alex Nelson of Chicago, Daniel Fredrick of Owen, and Byron Berg of Blanchardville.
After the ceremony a reception was held in the church parlors.
The bride’s mother selected a navy blue sheer dress with white accessories for her daughter’s wedding. The groom’s mother wore a beige chiffon dress with white accessories. Their corsages were composed of white roses.
Following a wedding trip to southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois, the newlyweds will make their home in Milwaukee.
Prenuptial events were given by Mrs. Charles Knutsen, Jr., and Mrs. Donald Metcalf; Mrs. F. C. St. Arnault and Mrs. Milo Reese of Neillsville, and by Mrs. Richard Hegberg of Chicago.
The rehearsal dinner, given by the groom’s parents, was held at the Cameo Room.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs