BioM: Larson, Evelyn (1957)
Surnames: Rabska, Larson, Rodman
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 08/15/1957
Larson, Evelyn (4 AUG 1957)
Of interest to friends and relatives here is the double ring wedding ceremony which was solemnized at the Salem Lutheran Church at Oklee, Minn., on Aug. 4, 1957, at 3 p.m., when Miss Evelyn Larson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Larson became the bride of Roger Eugene Rabska, son of Mr. and Mrs. Richard Rabska of Withee (Clark Co., Wis.).
The bride approached the candle lit altar on the arm of her father to the strains of Lohengrin’s Wedding March before the Rev. Arthur Grorud, and was gowned in white net over satin, featuring a lace bodice with tiny buttons down the back and long sleeves. A fingertip veil fell from a rhinestone tiara and a single strand of pearls completed her attire. She carried a cascade bouquet of pink roses and white carnations.
The bride’s attendants were her sisters, Miss Betty Larson, as maid of honor, and Miss Betsy Larson as bridesmaid. They wore identically waltz length gowns of pink and yellow lace over taffeta and carried matching bouquets. A single strand of pearls, a gift of the bride, completed their ensembles.
The groom was attended by Arnold and Kenneth Larson, brothers of the bride, and all wore business suits. Ushers were Ernest Rodman, brother-in-law of the bride, and Lester Rabska, brother of the groom, both of Milwaukee.
Mrs. Martin Sletto of Oklee sang "Oh Promise Me" and "Because."
A reception followed the ceremony for approximately 120 guests and was held in the church parlor, after which the young couple left on a short honeymoon to Canada. They will reside in Milwaukee where both are employed.
Among the guests who attended the ceremony were Mr. and Mrs. Ernest Rodman of Milwaukee, Mr. and Mrs. Ordean Gulson of Reynolds, N.D., Mr. and Mrs. Lester Rabska of Milwaukee, Mr. and Mrs. Richard Rabska, Mr. and Mrs. Howard Rabska and Mrs. Earl Petersen and daughter Shirley, all of Withee.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs