BioM: Zalabsky, Joann (1957)
Surnames: Zalabsky, Keith, Sunday, Sunby, Smith, Wuesteneck
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 10/31/1957
Zalabsky, Joann (26 OCT 1957)
Holy Rosary Church in Owen was the setting Saturday of the wedding of Miss Joann Agnes Zalabsky, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Zalabsky, and Thomas Edward Keith, son of Mr. and Mrs. O.S. Keith of Eau Claire. The double ring ceremony was performed at 9:30 a.m. by the Rev. Hubert Crubel.
Given in marriage by her father, the bride was attired in a floor length gown of French Rosepoint lace and tulle over Duchess satin. A modified scoop neckline, outlined with hand clipped scallops, and wrist length sleeves detailed the fitted bodice. The skirt was styled with two gathered flounces of tulle over net and a hip peplum of lace edged in scallops. A crown held her fingertip veil of pure silk illusion. She carried a cascade bouquet of white and lavender mums.
Miss Agnes Zalabsky, sister of the bride, was maid of honor, and Mrs. James Sunday, the groom’s sister, was bridesmaid. They wore ballerina length gowns of moss and leaf green Peau de Soie styled with scoop necklines and short sleeves. They carried baskets of white and lavender mums.
James Sunday, Eau Claire, attended the groom as best man. The groom’s other attendants were Clyde Sunby, Don smith and Carl Wuesteneck, all of Eau Claire.
The reception was held at noon at the Meadowview Country Club here.
The bride’s mother attended the wedding in a brown wool suit with blue accessories and a corsage of white mums. The groom’s mother wore a blue jersey dress with black accessories and a similar corsage.
Following a wedding trip to North Shore and northern Wisconsin, the couple will make their home at 802 ½ Starr Av., Eau Claire. For traveling, the bride selected a light blue suit with black accessories.
The bride attended Wis. State College at Eau Claire. The groom, an Eau Claire fireman, also attended WSCEC.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs